Can you learn 2 much at once

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
I really want to go on a gel course but i just cant help but think now I have mastered L&P and I am learning sculpting that I should i realy concentrate on absorbing these skills fully before I throw something else into the mix.

I have this crazy idea that I will end up confusing the issue, is anyone else having the same thoughts or am I the only one worrying about information overload....

Fab Freak said:
I really want to go on a gel course but i just cant help but think now I have mastered L&P and I am learning sculpting that I should i realy concentrate on absorbing these skills fully before I throw something else into the mix.

I have this crazy idea that I will end up confusing the issue, is anyone else having the same thoughts or am I the only one worrying about information overload....
Personally i think you can have information overload and you might end up doing all of them in a mediocre fashion rather than mastering each one to perfection one at a time. To me the expression "jack of all trades, master of none" springs to mind so, in my humble opinion, i'd keep at the sculpting and L&P and when you think you're fandabidozi at that, then try gel - what ya think of that?? :idea:

Hi Louise,

I haven't mastered L& P or not good enough to charge members of the public :o but I have mastered gel, however, you do need to use a different technique.

I'm constantly changing but then I have no patience ;) . Why not get one of the others who you meet up with to show you a demo, then you can have a go. You might be a natural, which will sway you to do the gel training sooner so you can offer all three services.

Kind Regards

You're obviously a smart girl and seem to pick up things quickly by what you have said.

If you are comfortable with your l/p skills then why not branch out? At this stage it is only technique and product knowledge that change. You know how to prep how to tip, how to shape how to finish ... I think you can handle it just fine if you feel ready.

I agree with Carole in the fact you can learn way too much in a short space of time. I think its great to learn as much as you can, but its good to give yourself the time to absorb it. As Geeg said if you then feel happy with what you're doing then branch out. You can always give something a go, like try someone's Gel out to see what you think, then it will help you to make that decision.

talented talons said:
I agree with Carole in the fact you can learn way too much in a short space of time. I think its great to learn as much as you can, but its good to give yourself the time to absorb it. As Geeg said if you then feel happy with what you're doing then branch out. You can always give something a go, like try someone's Gel out to see what you think, then it will help you to make that decision.
Yeah Wends will be branching out to gel wont you hunny!

I am the same though i wont to know everything now, but a year on and only just getting my gel system to how i like it, but now im getting confident with that i will be focusing on other systems its what you feel comfortable with that counts x

Well I have called and the next available date for Brisa is the 14th September - (those are busy bunnys up in Leeds) lol ....well will be booking in on Monday....so anybody want to be my model please PM I will need you from 1pm on the day (its a Tuesday)....

Latest posts

Back