Can you mix spray tan solutions to change the %

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pink poodle Eve

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm fairly new to spray tanning, I trained with Adel and did the Crazy angel spray tanning course in march and have been working mobile.

Does anyone know if you can mix a light solution 8% with a dark solution 13% to make an in between medium?

I have some spare samples of these and wondered if this would work?

You can mix solutions but it MUST be the same brand and range (eg.. LA Tan do gold and brown solutions and you shouldn't mix the gold & brown but you can mix the brown range).

The maths for mixing is (ALWAYS in equal amounts):

% + % = ?? ... ?? / 2 = new%

so 8 + 13 = 21 ...21 / 2 = 10.5%

So if the 2 samples you have are the same brand and you mixed them in EQUAL amounts you would get a 10.5% solution.

Yes you can mix solutions to make a different percentage. If you are using samples I would recommend that you do not mix different brands together.

You need to mix equal quantaties of the solutions. Please find equation below to work out %.

solution % + solution % = ?divide by 2 = new %
e.g (8 + 13= 21 /2 =10.5)
e.g (10% + 16%= 26/2= 13%)

Soooo.....

25ml of 8% + 25ml of 13%= 50ml 10.5%

Hope this helps x

You can mix solutions but it MUST be the same brand and range (eg.. LA Tan do gold and brown solutions and you shouldn't mix the gold & brown but you can mix the brown range).

The maths for mixing is (ALWAYS in equal amounts):

% + % = ?? ... ?? / 2 = new%

so 8 + 13 = 21 ...21 / 2 = 10.5%

So if the 2 samples you have are the same brand and you mixed them in EQUAL amounts you would get a 10.5% solution.

You beat me to it BB! You did a better job of explaining it too! Its been a long day!

That's great thanks for your help! Yes they're the same brand, thanks again

what happens if you mix different brands? :?:

what happens if you mix different brands? :?:
Different brands have different ingredients and you do not know how those ingredients could react when mixed together.

You could even cause a severe allergic reaction on a client and I would bet your insurance wouldn't cover you as your not using 1 brand but a concoction you made yourself.

What about mixing medium and dark together?:)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

any one ever mixed fake dark with the limited fragrance dark one? im tempted as i have a bit of each left, i would try it on myself but its to dark for me

Latest posts

Back