Can you pls help girls!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuti-calls

Reaction score
:cry: Hi there girls I'm a virgin to this posting thread business but hey its cool. Girls can any of you pls help me I'm desperate? I'm a part-time stewardess and last year I did all my training with Creative L&P , SpaManicure,Pedicure,Faze & Brisa gel. I have only been part-time for 6 months and I've been finding it so hard to get a part-time newy tech position in salon's. What am I doing wrong? I live on the Isle of Dogs London,everywhere I look or call they all say experience wanted but if nobody is willing to give you the head start then where's a girl to start??
Pls help girls if you can , if you have any ideas or no of anywhere around london or Essex near me that is looking for a newy Creative trained tech pls let me know as I really do not want to go back flying full-time and I wish to put all of my great training to good use and start my new career as a nail tech.
I'd be so grateful girls for any help and advice.
Many Thanks

Charmaine
;)

cuti-calls said:
:cry: Hi there girls I'm a virgin to this posting thread business but hey its cool. Girls can any of you pls help me I'm desperate? I'm a part-time stewardess and last year I did all my training with Creative L&P , SpaManicure,Pedicure,Faze & Brisa gel. I have only been part-time for 6 months and I've been finding it so hard to get a part-time newy tech position in salon's. What am I doing wrong? I live on the Isle of Dogs London,everywhere I look or call they all say experience wanted but if nobody is willing to give you the head start then where's a girl to start??
Pls help girls if you can , if you have any ideas or no of anywhere around london or Essex near me that is looking for a newy Creative trained tech pls let me know as I really do not want to go back flying full-time and I wish to put all of my great training to good use and start my new career as a nail tech.
I'd be so grateful girls for any help and advice.
Many Thanks

Charmaine
;)
It is hard getting started isn't it - but instead of waiting for the opportunity to present itself, why not sell yourself and approach the salons yourself - I know of several techs I trained with who did just this and were mostly successful in getting positions, one who found herself in the enviable position of receiving 3 offers at the same time. It can happen just like that - but of course its a case of being in the right place at the right time but help fate out a little and put yourself out there and keep trying - yes a lot will say they want experence but sooner or later someone will snap you up!

Good luck - hope you find something very soon!

I think someone once suggested preparing a portfolio & approaching saons, health clubs infact anywhere you might find a nail tech. Take pics of nails you've done, before & after, sample shots of nail art if you offer it, infact include a bit of everything. Have an idea of the type of deal you're after be it renting a desk or paying a % of takings after deduction of your product costs to the owner.

I think you need alot of guts to walk into a salon etc touting for business but it also shows your strong willingness to work & succeed so good luck to you.

i have had a similar problem, i decided to do some mobile work for a while untill i getsome experience and also some confidence in my nails...just a thought xxx

:rolleyes: Hi there girls thanks again for your help good advice,when you say I should sell myself and put myself out there do you mean I should just pop into lots of salons and ask do you have any jobs for a newy tech? I feel that I should mention that I'm new as I think honesty is always best. My partner always say's just go yo every salons and say got any jobs but I don't feel it's very professional or am I just being fussing?
I did recently do a drop-leaflet and it was a nightmare we did 500 houses and got 1 call what did I do wrong girls I know xmas isn't far away mow so do you think salons will be searching now?
Sorry girls to go on but everyday I get more and more depressed,it
s really hard and upsetting.
:cry:

Charmaine

Definitely approach the salons and tell them what you do, what you use, the training you've had and that you are looking for work.

Very good idea to take before and after photos of your work and they will also probably ask you to do a trade test .. a few nails on someone so they can see your work. Be prepared for thet.

Hustle your bustle and strut your stuff ... the salons won't come looking for you.

'jaydee' david just landed a job and he is new to the business. Call your suppliier and ask what they know. Salons often approach the supplier and tell them to send on good students. Explore every avenue.

:rolleyes:
Hi there girls I'm so scared I've got a interview tomorrow nite for a salon in Barkingside HELP!!!!
I'm really ##**^#** myself ,the lady I spoke to sounded lovely I have it tomorrow nite after 6pm to do some nails she said really needs someone who's top notch at French polish bcoz they don't do L&P pink and whites, they do just the pink then they paint the white on with nail enamel!!!!
I've never heard of that before I didn't like to ask her but why would they do that insted of L&P pink and whites??
I mostly do Gels so I best spend the days practicing on some tips = so I would just do the pink all over nails would you say still do 3 zones or just do 2?? then would you buff, then ( scrubfresh) or basecoat - white tip with nail enamel- top coat.
I did ask if it chips after a few days but she said that how she as always done it for the last 15yrs,very strange.
She that I must be good at french on the toes also any tips for those smile lines with nail enamel??
Pls help girls Im so nervous,any advice. I hope to god I get this I'm so fed up sitting around the house bored and being told sorry no part-time positions in this salon,I'm going to offer to work for free if it comes to it like being back at college and doing work experience that's how desperate I am.

Many Thanx Hunny's

Charmaine :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back