Can you recommend a good Sheer White

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarahmorg1

Reaction score
Hi

I am looking for a nice white varnish to do french manicures with, I have a lot of nudes, pale creams, pale pinks and the matte whites for the tips, but can't seems to find a really nice sheer white.

Any recommendations?????

Thanks

What do you mean by a sheer white? I would have said your white needs to be opaque to cover the free edge to achieve the french look? Not sure what you mean lol!

Sorry I guess I didn't come across correctly. I'm still so geeklette about things.

I use a base coat, then a matte white on the tip, then the colour on top. I'm looking for a nice white to use as the colour on top. I think I do mean opaque, thanks.

Do you mean that you want to do base coat, pink (or whatever shade) and then your white tip as the last application before top coat, rather than putting the white on first and then the colour over that?

Any of your whites should do that...Creme Puff by CND is a good one and also Orly do a great range of French colours.

Thanks for that and sorry if I sound like a novice.

I do my manicures either base colour first, then the white tip, then clear top coat, or clear base coat, white tip, then top coat colour.

The colours I have are pale pinks, nudes, pales beige's. What I am looking for is a base coat in white, but not matte for the tip, but a nice white that can be used as a base coat.

Hope that explains it a bit more clearer and thanks again

I use Orly or Toma for a lovely white on the tip, which are usually french white, then to do a second coat i have found a sheer white, which would be a creamy white, over the top makes it look so much better and not so in your face.

It's a case of looking at some makes and trying them. I always pay a good price for my white polishes as cheap ones are a false economy.

I use Creative Cream Puff for a really 'white' tip and then Bijou de Loulou, for a more natural white tip!
You can use alot of different enamels on top, Negligee, Beau, Moonlight and Roses etc etc
xxx

I think i know the color you mean, i mix my own using an opaque white polish then dilute with a clear polish (I use a clear with a UV inhibitor added) 1 part white (but not that liquid paper white)to 2 parts clear.
It's actually my best selling polish, sheer & kinda milky with just a hint of white. I've had trouble finding this color, thats why I make my own.

Waltz by Essie .... perfect!

I think i know the color you mean, i mix my own using an opaque white polish then dilute with a clear polish (I use a clear with a UV inhibitor added) 1 part white (but not that liquid paper white)to 2 parts clear.
It's actually my best selling polish, sheer & kinda milky with just a hint of white. I've had trouble finding this color, thats why I make my own.

This sounds exactly what I am looking for, do you sell to joe public, if so how much?????

Sorry Nailzoo just realised your location.

Latest posts

Back