Can you recommend a moisturiser for my poor skin?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puffle

Reaction score
Hi all, I have mild rosacea and my skin is very dry and sensitive. I've been prescribed anti-biotic gel which is great but I find it even more drying, so I need to find a really good moisturiser.

I have been using Dermalogica Ultra Calming range for a month but don't find this moisturising enough...I use Bare Minerals and I'm now finding you can see dry flaky skin when I've applied it.

I've trawled the internet but it's so hard to find something that may be suitable. Any ideas?? :sad:

I've found that La Roche-Posay cicaplast baume B5 is quite good at moisturising and reducing redness. Its one of the few things my hypersensitive skin can tolerate.

Try Dermaquest products, their advanced B5 serum is great xx

Hi, not sure how helpful this will be but I have almost the same skin type as yourself and have for the past month been trying the oil cleansing method (using a shop bought cleanser though) and the difference in my skin is amazing! I did it everynight the first week and now just do it a couple of times per week. In between I never use soaps or cleansers and I now rarely use moisturiser! my skin is no longer dry and tight and it has a lovely glow that I've never had before. I know it's not a method for everyone, but I was at the end of my tether and was willing to try and so glad I did :) x

Thanks all...I'll have a look at the ones you've mentioned.

Jillybob - what's the oil cleaner you've been using? I've never heard of that before. x

Dermalogica super rich repair??

The ultra calming range it great but it depends which moisturiser you use with it!!

Super rich repair is amazing!

Dermalogica super rich repair??

The ultra calming range it great but it depends which moisturiser you use with it!!

Super rich repair is amazing!

Thanks AmeliaR...I've been to a local therapist and had a facial and bought the products she recommended which was the starter kit in the ultra calming range. So moisturiser wise I guess it's the serum concentrate followed by barrier repair. Just doesn't seem to be doing anything for my dryness at all. It also feels like I'm putting too much stuff on my skin, especially as I've read that less is better? Should add I've also tried the redness relief which again didn't help the dryness (although it concealed the redness nicely).

I use solar oil twice daily on my face and my skin is baby soft ;)
Vicki :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I managed to get a hold of a trial size of Nude Perfect Cleansing oil, I got it from beautyexpert.com I had a wee look and they don't seem to have that size anymore, so might be worth googling. It states you should massage water into your skin once you have finished massaging the oil, but I miss this stage out. I have just tonight given some to a friend to try as she has super dry skin it is almost like sandpaper, so will see how she gets on too :)

Thanks AmeliaR...I've been to a local therapist and had a facial and bought the products she recommended which was the starter kit in the ultra calming range. So moisturiser wise I guess it's the serum concentrate followed by barrier repair. Just doesn't seem to be doing anything for my dryness at all. It also feels like I'm putting too much stuff on my skin, especially as I've read that less is better? Should add I've also tried the redness relief which again didn't help the dryness (although it concealed the redness nicely).

No it won't help with dryness! Nor will redness relief you need super rich repair or skin smoothing cream! Did you buy the redness relief or any other full size dermalogcia products??

I've PM'd you x

Obagi, Rosaclear, clears rosacea and moisturises but it's not cheep!

Give Lush skincare range a go, I swear by it for my horrifically dry & temperamental skin!

Sorry all..I've only just realised this had been moved - wondered where it had disappeared to! :)

Dermalogica wise...I had bought the trial size kit of ultra calming and then a full size redness relief and active moist as they were recommended.

Although I am now wondering whether my problems are stemming from my make up (bare minerals) so as a little experiment I am using the foundation I used before (been using minerals for about 9 months) to see if that helps. I'm not sure how long it will take to see a difference if it is that.

Certainly doesn't feel any worse but hasn't cleared up.

Although I do have rosacea I do feel like I'm also having a reaction to something..I get red spots (I guess more like red bumps under the skin) and it's very itchy and sometimes stings like crazy!

Latest posts

Back