Can you share how you do your French mani with nail polish please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YummyMummy2014

Reaction score
Got a client for file and French polish on sat. While I'm confident using gel for this as it's so easy to work with, I know polish dries fast. Does anyone manage to carve out the smile line with polish? If so how? Clean brush with acetone on? But would this not take off the base coat too? What about a dotting tool does this work with polish? Thanks!!

Oh and has anyone used those stick on smile lines as a guide- I've got some but not used them yet!

I do the pink first and add the white smile with light, small strokes of the brush... There's no time for tidying like with gel polish, just practice.

I personally wouldn't use the guides, clients come to us because of our experience and this just looks unprofessional (just my opinion)

Xx

I paint the white on first, tidy it up with a wooden cuticle stick that is covered in a bit if cotton pad dipped in nail varnish remover, then go over with pink, but I can get away with doing that as I'm using the Sally Henson white which looks extremely white so a bit unatural so by going over it in the pink it tones it down a little.

sent from my Samsung s4 mini

I've got the Sally Hansen kit too so will try the white first!!

I go paint pink, paint white, clean smile line.

I do it one of two ways; if the white is to be small and gentle I don't find I have to detail the smile line, if the white is to be long and deeply dramatic it's nice to have the option to detail it - I use CND Vinylux so as there is no base coat to apply, I don't need to worry about trashing my base coat when detailing the white smile line with a brush.

Method 1:
- Perform CND P.E.P
- Apply french pink CND Vinylux colour, 1 or 2 coats depending on the look we are going for.
- Apply white with Vinylux in Cream Puff or Studio White making sure the brush is properly loaded with product - it will be easier this way and as it's Vinylux will still dry in in 8.5 mins.
- Apply Vinylux Weekly Top Coat - again, generously, keeping the brush parallel to the nail and using a light touch.
- Finish with Solar Speed Spray.

Method 2:
- Perform CND P.E.P
- Apply Vinylux in Cream Puff creating a deep dramatic smile line.
- Using a gel brush moistened with CND ScrubFresh go in and detail the smile line - from the centre to the corner, clean brush on a pad, from the centre to the other corner.
- Apply french pink Vinylux colour (Lavishly Loved is a good one if you want to keep the white super bright).
- Apply Vinylux Weekly Top Coat - again, generously, keeping the brush parallel to the nail and using a light touch.
- Finish with Solar Speed Spray.

Good luck and enjoy!

Latest posts

Back