Can you use cuticle remover before nail extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tove

Reaction score
Hi!:)

I was wondering can you use a cuticle remover before nail extensions?
We are told in college now that we can only remove by doing it dry with the cuticle knife etc...But i have heard that some nail technicians do use cuticle remover....and that would make the job a lot easier than doing it when its dry...

i dont personally, i just trim away lol it takes alittle time but i know that i have prep it well... other geeks may be different.. hth i was trained to keep the nail as dry as poss and i think that remover would just add to the wetness..:lol:

sorry for wrong info... im going to complain about what i have beeen taught,,, thank god i have never had any probs before but and going to start this straight away.... please dont have a go at me geeks ........ SORRY:cry:

i always use cuticle remover , I think it depends on what you prefer x

Lol..yes im glad i asked now,cause its a pain to do it without the cuticle remover....:lol:

HappyHands said:
sorry for wrong info... im going to complain about what i have beeen taught,,, thank god i have never had any probs before but and going to start this straight away.... please dont have a go at me geeks ........ SORRY:cry:

Hey hun...no one's going to have a go! I hadn't even seen your post before I started typing!

That said, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised about the results of a prep WITH cuticle remover....it makes life soooo much easier! Can I recommend the Creative one....it eats up all that yucky dead keratin, and leaves a fab shiny-clean nail plate. Theres no damp residue left either if you give fingers a good wipe with water and Citrusoak,and dry them and it leaves the rest of the fingers feeling so clean!

Have a play....enjoy! You live and learn. Thats what this site is about!

i always use a wet cuticle remover (creative cuticle eraser) and couldnt live without it, i personally dont rate dry prep as i dont think its effective and could damage the natural nail. Also cuticle remover plumps up the cuticle so therefore you can remove much more that might otherwise still be attatched to the natural nail.

Yes Im convinced,ill definitily go and get the creative cuticle remover.The one i got is a saloon professional one,but ill give the creative one a go next time:)

Thanks for the help everyone:)

Im not creative trained, can i still use all there yummy products that you guys keep going on about ???

Tove said:
Yes Im convinced,ill definitily go and get the creative cuticle remover.The one i got is a saloon professional one,but ill give the creative one a go next time:)

Thanks for the help everyone:)
Do make sure that you get citrusoak too as you need this mixed with water to remove the cuticle remover completely from the nail plate as any residue left can cause lifting. Doing PREP with a dry nail can cause damage to the nail plate surface, like bad scratch marks....this is what I was initially taught to do too and like 90% of what else I was taught on my first course it turned out to be bad advice. Now I know better and CND cuticle remover is brilliant.

HappyHands said:
Im not creative trained, can i still use all there yummy products that you guys keep going on about ???
Just phone Hyperion (CND) and get them to open a secondary account for you and you can then buy everything except the enhancement products....0113 275 5719

nailsbydesign said:
Just phone Hyperion (CND) and get them to open a secondary account for you and you can then buy everything except the enhancement products....0113 275 5719
thanks im on the phone right away and changing my nails life lol.. thanks for the help!!!

I also use Cuticle Remover.

Laura

What is this citrus soak that has been mentioned that you tech's use after the cuticle remover?

This creative cuticle remover is this stuff a clear liquid or gel?

Thanks,

aj

I would think using a cuticle remover would be essential to proper application of nails...now with that being said, nails are porous and you don't want to soak them before appling tips, as that can cause all sorts of nasty creatures to live and grow in that dark, damp place which is between the natural nail and the enhancement. I don't see a problem with a quick dip in a manicure bowl (a few seconds) then use your cuticle remover, make sure and dry thoroughly. Bits of cuticle left on the nail plate is one of the prime causes of lifting...IMO.

Correct me if I have erred guys...:eek:

Someone please tell me what citrus soak is?

aj

Can't believe nobody's jumped on this yet...it's a Creative product aj....used to soak fingers in for manicures. You squirt a bit in a manicure dish then add some water. That's all it is. If you already own something similar you don't need to buy this....it smells nice though !

HTH

Laura x

Ms.Matrix said:
I don't see a problem with a quick dip in a manicure bowl (a few seconds) then use your cuticle remover, make sure and dry thoroughly. Bits of cuticle left on the nail plate is one of the prime causes of lifting...IMO.

Correct me if I have erred guys...:eek:
Just think youve worded it the wrong way around Yolanda.
If your doing enhancements.... if using Creative products, its cuticle remover first then the dip in the mani bowl with added cirus soak!:wink2:

Glorsclaws said:
Just think youve worded it the wrong way around Yolanda.
If your doing enhancements.... if using Creative products, its cuticle remover first then the dip in the mani bowl with added cirus soak!:wink2:

Thanks for the correction babes!!! :hug:

Latest posts

Back