Can you use gele over L&P

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denmark

Reaction score
Hi

I am starting on my Brisa course next weekend, and i was wondering if i have a client that has L&P nails on, and if she would like to change to gele, do i have to remove all the L&P before i beging with the gele?? Would it be a problem if there still was some L&P under??

Charlotte

You can rebalance hard gel (ie Brisa) with L+P and vice versa, providing there isn't any lifting and you've prepped the surface as per your brand's recommendation. There might be a slight difference in colour between the two products but that won't take long to grow out, a couple of rebalances and it'll be hardly noticeable.

hth's

Thank you Sandi for clearing that up for me :lol:

I'm doing this exact service tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes. I use IBD.

Shiloh

I was taught that you can rebalance L&P with gel but not the other way around. The L&P does not bond very well into the gel as it does the natural nail.
If a client lifts or picks away acrylic (nail biters with picking habit lol) it is handy to rebalance with gel as it has flex in it.
If I have a Hairstylist as a client I top coat with gel as the hair dye cant penetrate the gel and stain the nails. This does not work with a thin gel top coat however :eek: x
hth x

So, I had my client today with the l & p. She had two nails that needed replacement. I was worried about color difference with replacing but went ahead with the service. The service went smooth, like a regular fill would. The client loved them and the color variation wasn't any more noticable than her fill lines from past fills. The shine with gel will win a client over every time, and this was no exception; she was amazed! I'll let you know how they wear.

:) Yea!

Good luck with yours!

That sounds great, i thing i will give it a try, when i have bean on my Brisa course

I was taught that you can rebalance L&P with gel but not the other way around. The L&P does not bond very well into the gel as it does the natural nail.

I've have never had a problem filling with l&p over gel. I've done in many times with great success.

Latest posts

Back