Can you use real lace with gel polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frankie91

Reaction score
Hello just wondering if this is possible by encasing material lace in the layers? I use Gelicure Gel Polish.
Or how do you get a lace effect?

Sent from my GT-I5800 using SalonGeek

You could but it would be bumpy , and prob peel , gel polish Is not for encapsulation ,

To get the effect You could try something like foil , transfers , that's it nail art. MINX
Free hand or even lace dipped in additives

After posting this question, lifting and peeling did cross my mind! Suppose i will have to look into maybe konad printing too as another option. Really want to get into nail art more than just glitter!

Is foil hard to get use to using and can different effects be achieved?

Is foil hard to get use to using and can different effects be achieved?

It's easy to use and yes you can achieve different effects:
- just apply it on the tacky layer of your cured color, then topcoat.
- apply color, cure, put lace over de tacky layer and press your foil on the lace (or netting), you wil have a design of foil on your nails.

Have a look on my facebook page, i just placed 2 pictures there, the new Shellac colors combined with foils, using a netting-technique (sorry for my bad english).

http://www.facebook.com/debeuf.conny

Last edited:
Here is foil used with netting. It's the netting your onions come in from the supermarket stretched over the nail and then foil pressed into the areas showing. You can do the same with netting or lace and burnishing additives into the areas on show then removing lace or netting.
uhe2ysy2.jpg

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk 2

Minx transparent lace designs looks like the easiest way.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 147
That's transfer foil

You need the foil glue that they sell to,

Apply that thinly let it dry , it will go clear,

Stick it , matte side down to the sticky glue

Remove.
You can repeat if its not filled in to your liking,

And then top coat,

Some inhibition layers will hold it with out the use of foil glue , I'm not sure about others but I know shellac can,

Latest posts

Back