Can you use shellac without base coat?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anne1984

Reaction score
As shellac basecoat is out of stock is there any way i can use shellac without it? I only want to put it on myself not clients. Any suggestions:)

If you had brisa gel enhancements you could do the top gloss on then and not clean off the sticky inhabition layer and do shellac color straght on to that

you can use brisa bond and a thin coat of brisa as a base instead as a temp measure untill more base coat is in stock x

You have to be Brisa trained before you can buy Brisa gel though, don't you?

thanks everyone. Yeah brisa trained so will just have one layer of gel on. Hopefully base coat will be in soon! x

I was told (whether right or wrong???) that you can use a very thin layer of shellac colour as base and proceed as normal.

You can use clear gel as a base,but of course it wont remove the same,but fine for emergencies.
I did not know that you can use Brisa Uv gloss as a base.Can you? Or did the poster mean with Brisa Gel nails?
I did not know either that you can use a Shellac color as a base.Can you?
I would love the answer to be yes- but i am doubtful.
Before we all go off on a tangent thinking we can do this- and it gets confusing
Could someone who knows for sure answer this?

Ok I'm not sure about the thin brisa overlay as that could have issues of IRS own if is to thin ,
my own experince with clients who had brisa nails had a re balance and wanted shellac , I re balanced, refined, did top gloss cured then applyed the shellac color blah blah ....

So no base coat

You could probaly do this over any enhanced nails if you used brisa top gloss but I maybe wrong ,

It dose have to be buffed off if you do it over gel or L&P but that was fine they. Just leave it till there next app,

Polish is just as good and long lasting over enhancements but I do have to say shellac dose look fab on them to :£

Latest posts

Back