Canada-nail help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bravegirl

Reaction score
Hey i am a newbie, and quite recently have decided to go ahead with going back to school to become a nail technician, i live in a small town in Newfoundland. where there is no courses near by. i was wondering if any of you from Canada can lead me in the direction of a good online course which is recognized here in Canada. thanks :)

please any advice would help, i have been saving for 4 years to do the nail technician course and live in a small town that has no school near by to do this course the closest is 12 hours away, it seems through my online adventures.

so any advice would be helpful!

Hello and welcome :hug:

Hang in there bravegirl, I'm sure some of our Canadian geeks will be along to help you just as soon as they can.

Hey i am a newbie, and quite recently have decided to go ahead with going back to school to become a nail technician, i live in a small town in Newfoundland. where there is no courses near by. i was wondering if any of you from Canada can lead me in the direction of a good online course which is recognized here in Canada. thanks :)

Hi there I live in Kelowna BC and there is a link for a school in my neck of the woods.....Nail Technician learns all aspects of nails

also in my area there is this school....Receive Day Spa Career Training at our Esthetic Schools: MC College

both may be able to guide you in the areas that seem fitting for your needs!!!

Traci

Hi there, I'm in Ontario. I don't have any online schools to offer you. But have you checked with your suppliers? Intercosmetics here in Ontario offer CND courses. There might be something similar. It would just mean doing a bunch of smaller individual courses instead of one longer course.

the closest supplier is 2 hours and 45min away, but apparently from my moms friend they dont talk to you or allow you in without a certificate but if i can find there number that might be something to look into, i have found two online classes one seems ok and the other one seems horrible!

Hey! Im from van island, a fellow tech in my area was saying something about a half home course half class course. Im afraid I don't have a name to give you though :( in my province it is an unregulated industry though. So it may be a bit different for you, it varys from province to province.

Look up cosmoprof canada, (beauty whosalers, need to be certified) but they have conversion course schedules, so perhaps they may have the awnser to your questions. that is the only thing I can think of though.

Hey there, I am in Saskatchewan, I started with essential nails about a month ago. It's located in Victoria but they just ship everything out to you and you can pay as you go basically, so you just pay per module not the whole lump sum at once. Now there will be a lot of people on here giving their piece of mind about doing a home study/online course and I've read plenty of negative things but I've also read plenty of positive things.
All that matters is what works best for you, so yes we all know that being able to attend a school for training is obviously most ideal, it doesn't work for everyone and their lifestyle so that's why they have these handy online/home study courses :)

Hey there, I am in Saskatchewan, I started with essential nails about a month ago. It's located in Victoria but they just ship everything out to you and you can pay as you go basically, so you just pay per module not the whole lump sum at once. Now there will be a lot of people on here giving their piece of mind about doing a home study/online course and I've read plenty of negative things but I've also read plenty of positive things.
All that matters is what works best for you, so yes we all know that being able to attend a school for training is obviously most ideal, it doesn't work for everyone and their lifestyle so that's why they have these handy online/home study courses :)

i'm in no way judging your choice, especially when you don't have any other options. But I think it is soo benifital to have at least a few days class time. I know that even when taking a converstion course watching a more experianced tech then myself I have had ahh-ha! moments. I think if there is ever a way you could take a course that is even two days it helps a ton. I know it helped me a lot and I went to classes for four months. Even today when I take little courses I am still learning :)

i'm in no way judging your choice, especially when you don't have any other options. But I think it is soo benifital to have at least a few days class time. I know that even when taking a converstion course watching a more experianced tech then myself I have had ahh-ha! moments. I think if there is ever a way you could take a course that is even two days it helps a ton. I know it helped me a lot and I went to classes for four months. Even today when I take little courses I am still learning :)

I totally agree. But if her closest school is 12hrs away that's not doable. If I were in this situation I would do your online courses and then try and get into conversion courses that are at your supplier 2hrs away. That way you will know your theory of nails and then also get some practical time with a tutor before you work on clients.

But it wouldn't hurt to call your suppliers to see if they can point you in the right direction. Or even call the college that 12hrs away. They might be able to set you up with a 1 on 1 class closer to you.

i have contacted a bunch of online courses, i even contacted lcn, i know they used to have courses near the supply place but it doesnt seem like they do it any more looking on the site but hoping to hear from them today! but see i would love to get most of the online done and then hopefully from there go to actual workshops they have, even around here the girls get together it seems once a month and does a little workshop more or less a get together for a girls night. they go over specials and such like that, (not salon owners but the home businesses)

essential nails i have looked them up arnt they from uk? i was going to message them but dont think that would be accepted here in canada?

i have been talking to them, trying to check out my options before selecting thanks though :)

i have been talking to them, trying to check out my options before selecting thanks though :)

I sent you a reply PM with the link for the course!

Latest posts

Back