Cancellation policy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grace_Hair

Reaction score
I think I need to update my cancellation policy.

Usually I say 3 consecutive no shows/less than 24hour cancellations and I'll charge 10% of your appointment to secure any future appointments.

However I have had a lot of clients with apparent car trouble.

I don't want to end up being THAT salon that charge for no shows/last minute cancellations if it is an actual problem. But I'm beginning to feel like people are taking the p***.

Unfortunately there is no way to see the amount of no shows or last minute cancellations on my booking software. It just feels like a lot recently.

If anyone can advise me of their cancellation policy (which works) that would be great. And if anyone uses a software where you can see who/how many cancellations/no shows you have, that would be great too.

Thanks.

I think I need to update my cancellation policy.

Usually I say 3 consecutive no shows/less than 24hour cancellations and I'll charge 10% of your appointment to secure any future appointments.

However I have had a lot of clients with apparent car trouble.

I don't want to end up being THAT salon that charge for no shows/last minute cancellations if it is an actual problem. But I'm beginning to feel like people are taking the p***.

Unfortunately there is no way to see the amount of no shows or last minute cancellations on my booking software. It just feels like a lot recently.

If anyone can advise me of their cancellation policy (which works) that would be great. And if anyone uses a software where you can see who/how many cancellations/no shows you have, that would be great too.

Thanks.

Hi! We use a software that's called Harms Millennium (http://www.harms-software.com). It's keeps track of any and all cancellations, dates they happened, what time they cancelled, etc). You can also leave specific notes on specific clients, if you feel like one happen's to be taking advantage, but another in having a genuine issues (like family medical issues or something). I'm not sure if and what it costs though, as I'm not in management. Maybe something to look in to!

Our salon also has a 24 hour cancellation policy, or titled to full charge of service. The software holds their cc# on file when they book their first appointment. However, we're not crazy greedy people! If it's a new client...they'll probably get charged for missing. Can't start the relationship off that way!! If it's an existing client that we have a relationship with, it's ultimately up to the stylist if they want to charge the guest. Example: If I feel like they're genuinely late and normally a prompt and great client, we obviously wouldn't charge them, unless it becomes a problem (and the software helps me remember who becomes a pattern problem!). If it becomes a problem (happens twice), I will have a personal conversation with that client, saying that I make sure to run my schedule on time, as I value and respect their time when they're blocking it off to get their hair done, so in the future, I wanna make sure we can have that continued mutual respect for each others time. If after that, they cancel again, they will have to pay for the last service in full that they missed in order to book a future appointment. So in essence I make it their responsibility to decide what they want to do. Again, unless they are a new client. Then they are subject to full charge immediately.

Latest posts

Back