Cancelled appointment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nemo

Reaction score
I'm an idiot. A regular client cancelled 20 mins after she should have been at a £70 appointment. I implemented my 100% cancellation fee. Needless to say this did not go down well and she's not coming back. Lesson learned I suppose. Any words of advice so I handle the situation better next time? x

No your not an idiot, she should have more respect for your time. She might be angry now but when she has calmed down may realise that this is how you make a living and if every client did that you wouldn't have a business. She might try a few other places but at least if she comes back she won't mess you around again. Maybe in future if it's a regular you could say I'm really sorry but will have to charge 50% to cover your costs and explain you had turned other clients away that if she had given you more notice you would have been able to accommodate.
The trouble is if your too nice and do nothing, they will walk all over you and not think twice about doing it again.

I wouldn't say your an idiot, you had that policy in place for a reason, you only implemented it, that makes sense to me. I don't have a cancellation policy simply because I wouldn't expect clients to return knowing they have to pay x amount on top of the service fee, there are plenty of other places local they could go rather than coming back to me and paying through the nose for it! my worst offender for not turning up is also my most loyal client, it is a giant pain in the ass when she doesn't turn up but she always apologises and has a genuine reason for not making it, sometimes we act in the heat of the moment and that's ok, what would you have done differently if you could start over the telephone call again?

It doesn't sound like its a huge loss if she doesn't come back.. If she is going to waste your time it may be worth losing a client in hope you will get a more reliable regular. I defiantly wouldn't say you were an idiot, these policies are in place for a reason

Latest posts

Back