Cancelling due to illness - advice needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NailsBeautyEtc

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I am currently 27 weeks pregnant and over the past few days I have been feeling really ill. I've had a clear client list day today and spent most of it in bed, but yesterday I had a full client list and I pushed myself because I didn't want to let any of my clients down.

Here I am a few days later and I have more clients in tomorrow and I just feel so sick and really not right. Here's my question : in your professional opinions, do I cancel them or do I push myself once again? And if I do cancel them, how on earth can I let them down without making myself look unprofessional. I was really hoping to feel better but I just don't. I am so worried about disappointing clients - I really don't know what to do.

xx

Hi Hun

You and your baby health is most important.

Have you got anyone you could trust that could do your clients temporarily? Someone who will do a good job but won't pinch your clients?

Xxx

hi honey

Don't push yourself, you need to listen to your body for your own sake as well and your babies.

Call your customers and explain you are poorly and the doctor has advised you to rest. Maybe offer then a 10% discount on their next visit as a way of apology x

I doubt any of them would mind, you need to put yourself first xxx

Not knowing your symptoms it is hard to say whether or not trying to fit in your clients is a good move or not.. yours and your baby's health come first ALWAYS. But maybe you can space the numbers of clients out over a few days and make your load a bit lighter? If not, then you will have to let them down and although clients will not be pleased they cannot call you unprofessional if your helth and that of your unborn child is at risk.

Have you had a doctors advice on this? Seems to me you need to be examined and determine why you are feeling so poorly.

Thank you for your replies - and under it all I know mine and my baby's health is the most important thing. I guess I just worry because I know how upsest I would feel. Don't get me wrong, I'm no pushover but I take beauty seriously and wouldn't want anything to reflect badly on me ... I know, I know I'm committed to a fault!!

Geeg - I am going to call the midwife in a min. Then at least I'll have something medical/professional to go by! Google is not my friend when trying to work out what's wrong when ill!

Really appreciate you taking the time to advise me on this one ladies

xx

You say you "do not feel right"

Have you seen your GP or Midwife to be assessed as your health and that of your baby is the most important factor here. If you are unable to get an appointment you could always go to the local A&E department.

I'm sure your clients would be understanding that you are feeling unwell and need to look after yourself.

Water sipping and taking it easy as no other symptoms says midwife!

xx

Hope you feel better soon xx

I feel for you I really do!

I have my busiest week of the year the week before Christmas and will be 37 weeks pregnant!

Earlier on I felt sick and not right all the time but actually found I felt better when I was working. I dreaded my busy days but it took my mind off how I felt.

I'm not saying it will help you and I'm not advising you to push through it. Most importantly get yourself checked out and make sure you are fit to work. Your clients should understand seeing the position you are in.

Hope you feel better soon x

Your health is so much more important. I had glandular fever for 6 weeks and didnt leave my bed for that amount of time i was booked full everyday but i couldnt even walk! I feel bad and i HATE phoning sick thankfully my boss is brilliant. X

I've recently had to halve my client list as my mum is terminally ill...yes I felt bad doing it (and having to select who to lose) but at the end of the day it has to be done. I gave them all details of other local tech's and a £5 voucher to use with me when I am able to pick work up again. Like the others have said, your health is much more important...I know my work wasn't great when I was rushing around trying to fit it all in, so I'd rather not do it. Hope you're better soon. :biggrin:

I would limit the amount of clients that you can do in a day, some people are mega healthy and glow when they are pregnant, others don't carry so well, I was always feeling dizzy and sick but then again I had good deliveries so I couldn't complain
Hope all goes well for you xx

How did you get on hun? hope your feeling better x

Ah I just found this! Well, baby is now 1 year 3 months old!
All went well, I stopped shortly after this post. Now back in mobile beauty and loving it!
Thanks all
xx

Ah, glad all was well for you. mine is now 18 months and I'm 21 weeks pregnant again! :0)

Latest posts

Back