Cancer and eyelashes...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jodiex

Reaction score
Hi..
A member of the family has recently found out she has cancer and will need chemo.. And they have told her she will lose hair and eyelashes an brows..

Is there anyway I can apply any false lashes?
I am a eyelash technician.. And I know you need eyelashes to apply semi permanent.. She doesn't want to apply strip lashes everyday really.. Unless there is no other option I guess.

So if anyone could help I would really appreciate it!

I thought about clusters.. But it wouldnt have anything to lie on?

Thanks
Jodie xxx

Hi hun

Cant comment on eyelash application but can on chemo and loss of hair. My sis has now finished up her chemo and was told she'd lose her hair but the severity as i understand can vary from person to person. Anna, my sis, lost head hair and brows but lashes stayed in tact.
Just thought id let you know. Not saying this is a hard and fast rule just a bit of hope perhaps?

In the meantime as you are doing what a lovely friend and family member you are seeking out this information. I can say never underestimate the power of a beauty or nail treatment for someone with cancer, i know from my sisters experience the lift she has had from a mani or pedi treatment has been immense.

Final thought as im sure you will anyway check with your insurance company prior to treatments.

Love n hugs and a speedy recovery for your family member.

Xxxxx

Hi hun

Cant comment on eyelash application but can on chemo and loss of hair. My sis has now finished up her chemo and was told she'd lose her hair but the severity as i understand can vary from person to person. Anna, my sis, lost head hair and brows but lashes stayed in tact.
Just thought id let you know. Not saying this is a hard and fast rule just a bit of hope perhaps?

In the meantime as you are doing what a lovely friend and family member you are seeking out this information. I can say never underestimate the power of a beauty or nail treatment for someone with cancer, i know from my sisters experience the lift she has had from a mani or pedi treatment has been immense.

Final thought as im sure you will anyway check with your insurance company prior to treatments.

Love n hugs and a speedy recovery for your family member.

Xxxxx

Thank you! Yes will do..

Yeah never though of that!
Thanks xxxx

theres no other option than strip lashes hun im afraid. If theres no lashes there you couldnt apply cluster lashes either.
strip lashes can look fab, as long as they arent too long. Boots do a really good range of short ones (boots own brand)

claire x

theres no other option than strip lashes hun im afraid. If theres no lashes there you couldnt apply cluster lashes either.
strip lashes can look fab, as long as they arent too long. Boots do a really good range of short ones (boots own brand)

claire x

Maybe I'll just get her used to putting them on before she doesn't have any..

Something should be invented! Haha xxx

You have to be very careful with chemo cus it causes allergies my sister had breast cancer an she had no lashes left to apply anything too. Strip lashes would be a better option I think xxx

There's revita-lash which was made for this! My mum had to use it when she lost her eyelashes it's like a serum and she swears by it it's about 80 pounds but is so worth it

There is a specific brand of strip eyelashes on the market, it is specially designed for cancer patients.

I should have googled it before I replyed, I think they are called Blinks, but I'm off to check for you now xxxx

Can't seem to edit on my iPad but just googled it, and the name is Blinkies so if you google Blinkies strip lashes for cancer patients it should come up, hope that helps xxx

Hi there

Over the years I've seen clients recovering from chemo. As long as you have 1.5m of natural hair, you can place .10's in the short lengths to create a very natural set of lashes.

These ladies are not after a wow treatment, they are just happy to have lashes and I've found these ladies the most rewarding.

I wouldn't recommend extensions whilst on chemo as if the natural lashes do shed the visual change can be even more distressing.

HTH

Francesca

Thank you! I will research all these and I will keep an eye on her lengths to see if it is possible.

She said she doesn't want like what you would normally pay for.. She just wants some eyelashes!

About allergies.. Will this change throughout the chemo? Or just when it is first started?

Thanks so much xxx

It will also depend on how she reacts to the chemo and also her acceptance to the effects.I often find people that intend to wear wigs and lashes etc don't because they just want to be comfortable.
Skin can itch and they can get sweaty and eventually they know they can't look the same for that time and they accept it.I think its just important to tell them they still look good and they most definately can even without hair and eyelashes.

Hi i have also had a lady in on sat thats just finished chemo, she asked about lashes(i had read this post in the morning:)) so told her about blinkies, and also about boots.
She is going to get some from boots and wants me to put them on.
I dont realy do strip lashes so am just wondering how best to apply them, as there wont be a lash line to follow?.
Should i get a glue or use the one that comes with the lashes?
and i am also worried that the glue will remove the 5 or 6 lashes that have just started to grow back (she would be very upset).
Please help. x

Hi i have also had a lady in on sat thats just finished chemo, she asked about lashes(i had read this post in the morning:)) so told her about blinkies, and also about boots.
She is going to get some from boots and wants me to put them on.
I dont realy do strip lashes so am just wondering how best to apply them, as there wont be a lash line to follow?.
Should i get a glue or use the one that comes with the lashes?
and i am also worried that the glue will remove the 5 or 6 lashes that have just started to grow back (she would be very upset).
Please help. x
Strip lashes are applied to the skin above the lash line so the glue should not come into contact with her own lashes.
I would use a glue that comes with the lashes she picks, as long as its not a cheap plastic set. I would also do a skin test the day before to be on the safe side xx

Latest posts

Back