Cancer Research - Race4Life

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Energize

Reaction score
Bizarre that the first thing I post about is not nail related, but decided that as there are so many of you girls out there I wanted to mention the Race4Life. This is a charity walk/run in aid of Cancer Research and goes on all across the country during spring/summer. I've decided as I'm 40 this year!!! to challenge myself and do something worthwhile. It's an all female event and you can find your nearest venue by going to www.raceforlife.org seems like a great bonding girlie thing to do. I and my fantastic friends who're joining me are doing the event in St Albans, and there's going to be 8000 women taking part - ALL THOSE HORMONES!!! Hopefully I can inspire a few of you to have a go ( the weather will get better honest!)
I'll keep you posted how the training and the run goes.
Tracy x

i did this about 2-3 years ago in my local park, they have it all over the country! Lots of people take part and its great! You can take your time aswell so theres no pressure! I am going to do it this year, to be honest i forgot about it but now you have brought it up il put my name down :)

Thanks hun - you go for it.

Hiya

Good for you I do the run every year along with a few 10K's when I get the time................was hoping to do the marathon one day for hearing dogs.........but never get the time to dedicate to training.............I love to run in the summer good excuse to have a good old nose at peeps gardens lol.

Hope you have a good run
Take care
Dawnie xxxxxx

Such a great cause and 5km is not very far! My husband runs marathons and I run 5km races!! :o

I am entered in the Reading run on the 7th of July if any one wants to join me that would be great! Also if anyone wants to sponsor me that is fab too :)

Breast cancer research is some thing that is big news in our house. My mother in law died from secondary breast cancer...such a huge loss...but my daughter is at a higher risk of getting it because of this family link :( so this is a cuase that I fully support!

Is this the one where you run in your Bra??????? :confused:

Oh no! no nudie running from me!! :o

I think the bra one is the moon-walk...not 100% sure though

Race for life is a womens only 5km run or walk. I think the idea behind it is that almost anyone can walk 5km and it is a great way to raise money for cancer research. You have your race number on your front but on your back you get a piece of paper that says "I'm running this race in celebration of....." so if you are a cancer survivor you can put that down and there is another piece of paper that says "I'm running this race in memory of...." so you can put down a reason why you are running the race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back