Candy Coat gel nail polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissLou

Reaction score
Hey all like many of us I’m currently trying to figure out which nail brand to go with, so hard. I’ve gone through all the threads on here and sooo many different brands and reviews. So I’ve been looking and one of the ones that is sticking out to me is candy coat, reasonable price, good packaging, good colours so does anyone use this brand professionally and if so do you rate it highly?
Other ones I’m looking at are bio sculpture but thinking that’ll be too exxy ink London and lily nails just started looking at but can’t see their pricing yet. I’m training in gelaze from essential nails but I’m not confident the gel polishes stay on very long, well they haven’t so far on myself or ppl I’ve done them on which is a shame.

Tia xx

Hi,

It truly is a minefield out there with all the brands available to us.

I have no input on Candy Coat, hopefully someone else on here has more experince with this brand.

However, my original gel polish training was with EN and using their Gelaze range. Please do take this the right way, but I would become comfident in your technique before switching brands all over the place. If the nails aren't staying on for anyone I would revisit your education, speak to the EN support team, they are actually really good at helping you get to the bottom of problems. From my experience with the brand it actually lasted very well, once I had nailed my prep and application.
If I were you, save your precious pennies for now and try to solve your adhesion problems first, otherwise you may experience exactly the same issues with another brand, but with simply a lighter bank balance.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Hi,

It truly is a minefield out there with all the brands available to us.

I have no input on Candy Coat, hopefully someone else on here has more experince with thus brand.

However, my original gel polish training was with EN and using their Gelaze range. Please do take this the right way, but I would become comfident in your technique before switching brands all over the place. If the nails aren't staying on for anyone I would revisit your education, speak to the EN support team, they are actually really good at helping you get to the bottom of problems. From my experience with the brand it actually lasted very well, once I had nailed my prep and application.
If I were you, save your precious pennies for now and try to solve your adhesion problems first, oteherwise you may experience exactly the same issues with anoter brand, but with simply a lighter bank balance.

Good luck!

Thank you so much for your reply. I totally agree with you I am at the early stages so chances are it my technique, it’s just the I’m running very low polishes now and instead of wasting money buying more gelaze I thought it maybe best to slowly start building in a better range but it’s very reassuring that you trained in them also and you’d the product absolutely fine so that gives me more confidence!

I really do appreciate your feedback thanks so much, perhaps I’ll just buy one more bottle for now and keep going until o run out of that one, by then I should be able to see if it’s me or the product [emoji85]

Many thanks again.

Ps if anyone has any reviews on candy coat for the future pls do let me know what you think! Tia xxxx

Thank you so much for your reply. I totally agree with you I am at the early stages so chances are it my technique, it’s just the I’m running very low polishes now and instead of wasting money buying more gelaze I thought it maybe best to slowly start building in a better range but it’s very reassuring that you trained in them also and you’d the product absolutely fine so that gives me more confidence!

I really do appreciate your feedback thanks so much, perhaps I’ll just buy one more bottle for now and keep going until o run out of that one, by then I should be able to see if it’s me or the product [emoji85]

Many thanks again.

Ps if anyone has any reviews on candy coat for the future pls do let me know what you think! Tia xxxx

Hi, my colleague absolutely LOVES candy coat, she has a wide range of their gel polishes and reports clients are getting 3-4 weeks out of them. She also raves about the acrylic powders and monomers from candy coat and had ordered many times from them. Hope this helps

Hi!

I absolutely love candy coat, my clients nails have been lasting up to their infills and more and had no problems with chipping etc and they have a huuuuge colour selection!

Although the size of the bottles can be a bit smaller than some brands think it’s a 8ml bottle rather than a 15ml like some others and a bit more expensive but I would definitely recommend

They also do monthly subscription boxes for salons/technicians for you to try new products and build up your colours every month, I think it’s £30 for about 7-8 bottles?

Xx

I have tried candy coat and found the product to have a varied consistency depending on the colour you buy. Some are really runny, others are thick so its hard to apply thin layers.
A couple of time I have ordered colours to find they havent been dispatched as they were out of stock but they didnt tell me, it took days of chasing and threatening to get paypal to refund me. The staff are really really rude!
They only post customers 4 or 5* reviews which is annoying as you cant trust them, so I only buy ones with a pic in the review so I can see for myself what it would look like.

Honest opinion - avoid them. I only trust companies with an honest review system and polite members of staff. No business will survive with poor customer service.

Hi,

I also have had bad experiences with Candy Coat - I found the staff rude and getting colours dispatched was difficult, my order of their tester kit arrived 2 weeks after placing the order. I also found consistency of some colours far to thick and gloopy, which can make it a challenge to apply. I tried it out on my sister first (before taking it to my clients) and they lasted about a week. My main brand is The Manicure Company and they can last up to 4 weeks.

Hope this is of some help

I use The Manicure Company and I find some of their lighter colours don't cover very well. I was thinking of switching to Candy Coat, but don't think I will now!

I must admit I was very close to placing an order with Candy Coat but came on here first. Glad I did because even if the products are great the bad customer service just rings bells for me so is a no no.

If I understand the Candy Coat website correctly, the public can buy the gel polishes themselves?
Why would any salon want to use this range if that is the case, it would be like me doing facials with Boots No7 products.....!!

A salon local to me does use candy coat so I have removed few sets - no problem there, buff & wrap, the same as many other brands, but I would say that the gel polish does look quite thick and dare I say it, quite "child like" and plastic looking.
The font style on the bottles makes me think that perhaps the range is aimed at the under 18's , which is why they do the subscription boxes....

Just my penny worth of thoughts...

Why would any salon want to use this range if that is the case, it would be like me doing facials with Boots No7 products.....!!

Excellent point well made!

The Gel Bottle vote here....

I looked at CC and it just didn't tick the 'professional' box for me like CFBS said above, it's quite juvenile.

What put me off is that they are accessible to any and everyone. I love The Gel Bottle in terms of colour range and longevity.

It’s funny until it was said it looked a bit young and tacky I never thought that I thought it looked fun and bright but actually now I’m looking st it again it is quite young looking and I guess could be more aimed at younger ppl, which is fine, but I’m after a more professional look so I’ll have a look at the gel bottle, never heard of that one before thanks so much everyone for these opinions it’s really helping me out [emoji1305]

Hmmm, I have to agree, everything from the name to the packaging looks a bit "cheap" to me.

You also mentioned INK London - definitely worth a look alongside The Gel Bottle. I use both systems and am very happy with both. Cuccio is the other brand I use.
From a gel polish point of view I find all 3 last well. There are pluses and minuses to each brand so I couldn't just choose to keep one, so I'm stocking all 3! (With correct base and top coats and lamps)

Latest posts

Back