Candy Floss Crazy Colour disappointment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sophiahoney

Reaction score
Hiya, looking for any tips or recommendations for achieving light pink shades on blonde hair.
I did a last minute appointment today. Process was - blondor + 6% for 35 mins no heat then combed through which lifted the roots up lovely to match the rest. Shampoo'd then applied candy floss crazy colour for 25 mins with a cap and 5mins of heat. Results were dissapointing. It took a beautiful pale pink colour on hairline and a few peices through the fringe but went a sort of rose gold colour everywhere else.
From the pics do you think the blonde wasnt light enough?
Is crazy colour just not that reliable?

Can anyone suggest tried and tested pinks as im re colouring on monday.
Thanks ☺

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I can't see the picture?

Lol. Sorry love. It keeps telling me to sign in to add a pic but i am signed in grr. Will try again

Lol. Sorry love. It keeps telling me to sign in to add a pic but i am signed in grr. Will try again

Haha! It can be so complicated sometimes!

Heres the before and 2 afters. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• IMG-20141018-WA0008.jpg
    IMG-20141018-WA0008.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 370
  • IMG-20141018-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20141018-WA0005.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 384
  • IMG-20141018-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20141018-WA0006.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 388
Hiya, looking for any tips or recommendations for achieving light pink shades on blonde hair.
I did a last minute appointment today. Process was - blondor + 6% for 35 mins no heat then combed through which lifted the roots up lovely to match the rest. Shampoo'd then applied candy floss crazy colour for 25 mins with a cap and 5mins of heat. Results were dissapointing. It took a beautiful pale pink colour on hairline and a few peices through the fringe but went a sort of rose gold colour everywhere else.
From the pics do you think the blonde wasnt light enough?
Is crazy colour just not that reliable?

Can anyone suggest tried and tested pinks as im re colouring on monday.
Thanks ☺

hi i used the candy floss crazy on a customer when i took my salon on wilst waiting for her usual baby pink and it did excatley the same was such a let down what i use on her and its lovely is joico tpb with an inch and half of inrv and its perfect everytime see if i can find a puc for u xx

hi i used the candy floss crazy on a customer when i took my salon on wilst waiting for her usual baby pink and it did excatley the same was such a let down what i use on her and its lovely is joico tpb with an inch and half of inrv and its perfect everytime see if i can find a puc for u xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1413641422.985184.jpg hope u can see tried to zoom for you xx

Heres the before and 2 afters. Let me know what you think.

You're right it doesn't look clean enough. Needs to be as clean as possible. I tone before adding fashion colours like that! Plus I'm not a lover of crazy colour! Fudge paintbox is the way to go :p

Can i ask why it says December on the picture?

Kerri 🎀

Can i ask why it says December on the picture?

Kerri 🎀

yes corse you can because she now has 6rc red copper all over and that was the last picture i took of her pink hair which was last december lol xx

if the hair still has any yellow tones left you will be mixing pink (pale red) with it so you will get that salmon/ slight ornage tone- as cam said clean up the base first then apply the pink.

same with blue, any hint of yellow and you get green x

Thankyou, so would you say another bleach & 6% application, a bleach bath for a little bit more lift or a toner is the way to go here?

Thankyou, so would you say another bleach & 6% application, a bleach bath for a little bit more lift or a toner is the way to go here?

Bring the roots up to a nice pale colour. To be honest I don't use 6% with bleach unless they're below a 5 or below or naturally very red. So use ether pastel or 6% depending on depth. Then you could do a really quick cleanse at the backwash, and I mean quick, probably not even 5 mins, rinse then tone all over to make it super clean! Then apply your paintbox.

You have lots of great advice here about lifting to a very pale undercoat first, I would also add that I will always add some violet to your formula to neutralise the remaining yellow so you get a cooler pink rather than a rose gold.
Personally I prefere to use a clear demi-permanent with other shades and mix tones, to give you more control. One problem that I find with using basic dyes like crazy colour is that if the porosity is even, not only can the final result be uneven, but you may get a diffent tone along the hair shaft as the colours are often made up of diffent types of dyes that have diffent affinities to the hair.

You have lots of great advice here about lifting to a very pale undercoat first, I would also add that I will always add some violet to your formula to neutralise the remaining yellow so you get a cooler pink rather than a rose gold.
Personally I prefere to use a clear demi-permanent with other shades and mix tones, to give you more control. One problem that I find with using basic dyes like crazy colour is that if the porosity is even, not only can the final result be uneven, but you may get a diffent tone along the hair shaft as the colours are often made up of diffent types of dyes that have diffent affinities to the hair.

That's what I meant by tone it all over haha neutralise the yellow. Probably should've gone into greater detail! I'd always use an anti oxy after any colour service also because you need to finish that service before you start another so I'd anti oxy after bleach and after toner. Then apply the crazy colour (paintbox if it was me not a lover of crazy colour) cause I find the anti oxy helps even out porosity slightly also.

That's what I meant by tone it all over haha neutralise the yellow. Probably should've gone into greater detail! I'd always use an anti oxy after any colour service also because you need to finish that service before you start another so I'd anti oxy after bleach and after toner. Then apply the crazy colour (paintbox if it was me not a lover of crazy colour) cause I find the anti oxy helps even out porosity slightly also.

I've just started using paintbox since its hard for me to get certain joico color intensity colours. How are you finding it?

I've just started using paintbox since its hard for me to get certain joico color intensity colours. How are you finding it?

I've like it! I think it's the best semi line out there for mad colours. They even have formulas to make brown glazes I'm dying to try them.

Thats awesome. I did some swatch tests and they can out really good, I hope the duribity is good too.

It looks to me like none of the above hair has been lightened enough, except in a couple of areas to accept the pale color.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back