Canni Nail Art Co.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slivs

Reaction score
I absolutely adore this forum. It has been my go to for questions since I started doing nails. I am a nail tech student looking at starting my own business and have a question about Canni Soak Off builder gels that I've used and enjoy using. I would love to add it to the products that I intend to offer but I need MSDS safety information for ALL chemical products used for business purposes. Their page says that they are MSDS certified and they have told me that they can email me the required information but I have not received it and am not receiving a response to my emails.

My questions are:
1- has anyone had any experience dealing with Canni?
2- has anyone been able to secure safety information for their products?
3- how did you do it?

Sorry about the long post, just trying to be as clear as possible.

Thank you ☺

Never heard of them, I'm UK based, a quick Google suggests they sell mostly via Amazon so not a pro only brand so equally unlike to provide MSDS - the general public wouldn't ask so they probably dont have then readily available

Their gel polish is sold in Greece, through generic nail sites.
They don't require proof of qualifications and they don't provide MSDS sheets
I have a few fellow techs who use them as they are so much cheaper, but if you ask me they look like a fake CND-wannabe but they aren't as good. They've copied their general bottle design and I believe the names too but at least they've kept the image design different, so slightly better than Bluesky, in regards to ethics. I'd say they are more oriented to fool people who can't tell or don't care of the difference. Certainly not a professional brand. I'd stay away!

Thank you for the responses. I was afraid of this and I am open to alternative suggestions. The problem I'm having with getting supplies is a lack of license. A few stores in my area have accepted my student contract and sold me products that way but the brands available are limited without spending C60$ or more for products that stick longer than 3days (I have very difficult nails so I figured I'd be the perfect test subject)

For builder gel I'd suggest Akzentz (that's a brand, it has Options soak off line and I believe Performance? Buff off line, not sure of the name though) or Calgel/Izgel (same brand, different products, izgel for the more hard wearing)
Both these brands are professional and require qualifications and I do believe they would sell to a student, but you have to check with your supplier there
There are other soak off builders like Biosculpture which requires to be trained by them, and The Gel Bottle etc but I haven't used them and I can't recommend them.
Have a search on the forum about soak off gels, there are too much info to help you get a basic idea of what you are asking

Btw I know it's hard when you are starting out to get good quality products, but if you ask me, it's definitely worth it. Try to save some money to get good quality lines instead of wasting it on counterfeits.
Both Calgel and Akzentz Options have/are 1-step gels (meaning they don't need base or top) and they are close to 30€/bottle, so why not give them a try?

Better try to get in touch with official suppliers and give them your student status proof. I believe you'll be fine that way

Last edited:
Silvs,

I know you started this thread a while ago but i would be willing to help where i can with any questions you have regarding your enquiry.

Canni is a Chinese factory.

I don't know this company personally, but many factories in China make all kinds of claims that their products are legal in Europe or that they can provide the documents to an importer so that they can legalise the products in the EU. Out of interest, I have tested these claims several times - not once was any factory in China able to provide these documents!

What are these documents and why are they important?
All cosmetic products sold in Europe must be registered with the EU Cosmetic Product Notification Portal. CPNP is a database where the importer or EU product developer has to register the following:

Name and address of Responsible Person
The main contact for the authorities or medical staff in case of health issue. Usually the importer or EU developers company name and address.

Product Information File
The PIF is needed for every product that has it's own Safety Data Sheet (SDS). It contains the same info as the SDS such as ingredients, safety and risk statements, disposal info, etc. But also:
a) chemical formula of the product
b) suppliers of raw ingredients
c) actual steps to manufacture
d) Safety Assessment from a EU laboratory

Using a), b) and c) it would be possible to copy the product exactly. This is why Chinese factories will not give this information!! <==

Product Packaging
Photograph of the product packaging. Packaging and product must also have been "stability tested".

Product Labels
Photographs or pdf's of the product labels. This is so the authorities can make sure that all product labels contain the information required by law.

When I visit beauty shows in different countries, I am always interested to look at the nail product labels. I would estimate that 80% are not legal.

Consequences
If a product has not been registered on CPNP, it is illegal to sell in Europe. In addition, it makes any salon insurance invalid.

Responsibilities
All company Directors or owners, including nail salon owners, have a legal responsibility of "due diligence". This means that if necessary, they can prove in a court of law that they took every step to protect the business, it's employees and customers.

Using illegal products due to ignorance is not a good defence. There is also the high probability that the salon insurance company will make every effort to avoid paying a claim, and will attempt to prove incompetence.

How to protect yourself?
1. Avoid products sold on Amazon, eBay or AliExpress. Most are Chinese products.
2. Avoid cheap products. The factory cost of USA or EU products is at least double that of products from China. It is extremely difficult for an SEROUS company to sell gel polish for under £10 and make enough profit to pay for staff, warehouse, running costs, etc.
3. Do a free search of the company on Companies House and look at last years accounts. This service is there to protect us all from bad companies:
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/search/companies
4. Do a Google search of their address. Are they working from home? Is the address used by multiple companies? What does the building look like on Google Street View?

and the most important:

As the company for a letter signed by the Director, that all of their nail products are registered with CPNP and legal cosmetics in Europe. This is your "Get out of jail" card if you land in court. :)

Bob Sweden,
Canni products are registered with the EU and in the CPNP database FYI.

Nothing like a bit of China bashing and putting everyone in the same basket as the bad ones out there.

Canni-UK, as I clearly stated, I don't know Canni personally but perhaps I should make more research...

But every other factory in China that I have contacted, were unable to provide the necessary documentation. In addition, many factories in China DO use ingredients that are illegal in the EU - this includes neon pigments, gel polishes that change colour with temperature, etc. I have also seen products that include 80% Methyl Acrylate, where above 5% is considered an allergy risk.

When the majority of Chinese factories are selling products that are illegal in the EU, are unable to provide the necessary documents to register in the EU, and ship by post direct from China to avoid customs inspections - they make their own reputation. The only reason to buy from China is price. There are perfectly good safe and legal alternatives from the UK, USA and European factories - but of course, their prices are higher and many new companies who want to sell nail products don't have the financial resources to do this.

And when a company predominantly sells nail products on eBay to non-professionals which undermines the pro industry, doesn't have it's own website and does not appear to offer education, most professionals would not consider this a serious brand.

No problem Bob,
Just strange how you post after me assuming Canni are bad.
Checking google street views to see where sellers live, companies house ...... really?
Products from China will / should get the same customs inspection as products from the USA? The ebay bashing also makes out that everyone must have the funds to go big from the start.
Can you answer if everything ONLY from the 'EU or USA' produced are super safe to use it's only professionals that are allowed to buy it. Some even say you MUST buy their UV/LED lamps which are probably made in China and do their training course $$$ before using it. I know a good selling pitch when i see one. Shame really people at home cannot do their own nails with these products or even start out nail technicians who are not fully qualified and maybe don't have the $$$ to do several courses, buy 'specific' lamps etc etc.
Not wanting to get into any handbag throwing here but i'm guessing you have an agenda in favour of a product made in the EU (probably your own product i'm guessing).

Last edited:
If companies in China comply with the EU laws, I'd have no problem with that. But the fact is that organisations like the British Association of Dermatologists is seeing a big increase in reported allergies to nail products - and mostly from hobbyists, who as we both know, mostly buy products from eBay, AliExpress and Amazon - the majority of these produced in China.

The consequence of this is, that right now the Scientific Committee for Consumer Safety is considering the safety of some important ingredients in nail products - if these are banned, the nail industry could well disappear.

As for using the correct UV lamp, this is not a sales pitch it is based on science and using an incorrect UV lamp is also stated by the British Association of Dermatologists as one of the major causes of the allergy increase. But there are numerous scientific articles that make the same points.

I have never promoted our brand on this forum. Currently it is not even available in the UK. My main concern is safety and trying to help NT reduce the risk of allergies - because an allergy to acrylates can have bigger consequences, as acrylates are used in dentistry and some medical procedures. Also, as I have explained above - the increase in allergies is threatening the existence of the nail industry.

But I also think that it is unfair competition for Chinese factories to abuse our laws, when other companies have to make the investment to follow them - yet for foreign companies to sell cosmetics in China, they have to be animal tested. As their own manufacturers do not have to do animal testing, this is a blatant attempt to protect their own market, and cynically allow animals to suffer as a consequence.

But meanwhile I have done some research:

https://canni68.en.alibaba.com/custom_page/Page1.html?spm=a2700.icbuShop.88.46.52c6774dOeZnxE

1. It appears Canni has a problem with counterfeit products - how would anyone know what you are selling, especially considering...
2. there appears to be no Regional Exclusive Agent in the UK (see certificates) - so I assume you are not authorised?

Gelish, CND to name a few have much much bigger problems with counterfeit products - how would anyone know what is being sold and other products similar so please don't just point out one brand. The answer is the same - buy from a reputable seller and YES ebay does have some sellers genuine and fake of all products. You specifically pointed at me and what i sell. i do have a website (closed for holiday) and also used to have some items on ebay when i started. We all have to start somewhere i guess. We have used the product for many years, like most of them and wanted to make them available to others.

Your second point regarding regional 'EXCLUSIVE' agent. Why would someone have to be an 'EXCLUSIVE' agent for the product to be genuine?. Some of us may not be able to meet the very high requirement to be solely EXCLUSIVE from a nail tech income so i'm not sure what your point is there. Canni is available to answer questions regarding any seller if they are 'approved' to sell their products and that they are genuine. So your assumption is again wrong that we are not authorised. We are 100% authorised/approved to sell genuine products and can prove it if required.

Gelish, CND to name a few have much much bigger problems with counterfeit products - how would anyone know what is being sold and other products similar so please don't just point out one brand. The answer is the same - buy from a reputable seller and YES ebay does have some sellers genuine and fake of all products. You specifically pointed at me and what i sell. i do have a website (closed for holiday) and also used to have some items on ebay when i started. We all have to start somewhere i guess. We have used the product for many years, like most of them and wanted to make them available to others.

Your second point regarding regional 'EXCLUSIVE' agent. Why would someone have to be an 'EXCLUSIVE' agent for the product to be genuine?. Some of us may not be able to meet the very high requirement to be solely EXCLUSIVE from a nail tech income so i'm not sure what your point is there. Canni is available to answer questions regarding any seller if they are 'approved' to sell their products and that they are genuine. So your assumption is again wrong that we are not authorised. We are 100% authorised/approved to sell genuine products and can prove it if required.
I love Canni gel colours x

MSDS for their products are readily available. Contact the manufacturer or a US seller and ask for them. If they don't give it to you then they may not be official.

MSDS for their products are readily available. Contact the manufacturer or a US seller and ask for them. If they don't give it to you then they may not be official.

I'm looking to start building my gel colours could you tell me how I buy genuine Canni gels please? I've found a seller on eBay but would they be genuine products? The colours look fab in the range

Ask the seller for proof they are a genuine supplier and where they got their products from along with MSDS for the products you want.
Strange how the previous posters posts have disappeared?

Ask the seller for proof they are a genuine supplier and where they got their products from along with MSDS for the products you want.
Strange how the previous posters posts have disappeared?

Thank you for your reply. I will sit down later and have a look through and drop them a message ☺

No problem Bob,
Just strange how you post after me assuming Canni are bad.
Checking google street views to see where sellers live, companies house ...... really?
Products from China will / should get the same customs inspection as products from the USA? The ebay bashing also makes out that everyone must have the funds to go big from the start.
Can you answer if everything ONLY from the 'EU or USA' produced are super safe to use it's only professionals that are allowed to buy it. Some even say you MUST buy their UV/LED lamps which are probably made in China and do their training course $$$ before using it. I know a good selling pitch when i see one. Shame really people at home cannot do their own nails with these products or even start out nail technicians who are not fully qualified and maybe don't have the $$$ to do several courses, buy 'specific' lamps etc etc.
Not wanting to get into any handbag throwing here but i'm guessing you have an agenda in favour of a product made in the EU (probably your own product i'm guessing).

Its fair that you have your view on this and your opinion, but seems like you think people no matter what background should be able to do pro nail services on them selves without the need for education?

The problem I have with this is that being a nail tech is a profession. I don’t mind people who love to do their nails with polish or do nail art and having fun with it and that sometimes creates great future nail techs, but pro products like gels/gel polish and liquid & powder that needs to be applied by a trained licensed nail tech. The biggest issue we face in our industry today is over exposure and allergies like BOB Sweden says. That usually comes from misuse and lack of knowledge. Safety for booth yourself and clients are the main concern in any service industry and this needs to be respected and followed.

I don’t claim to know anything about how China is as manufacturer or anything about their products, but what I do care about is hearing people selling professional products to unlicensed nail techs. I’m not saying that Canni is bad or not safe because I don’t know anything about it, but if it’s a professional product it should be treated that way!

You use the argument that people can’t afford expensive equipment and courses. If someone can’t afford to get trained or buy products from a professional distributor then why should they try to work with pro products. Some people like to do nails as a hobby or a side job because they enjoy it which is fine, but if you want to apply professional products to nails you need be trained and you should be very conscious about what you use and how it’s done. That comes from training, not internet purchases and tutorials.

Thru saying that it doesn’t matter what lamp you cure with and that you offer pro products to unlicensed techs says to me that you don’t understand how damaging that can be for the industry.

Like you say I don’t want to throw purses and I am not looking for a fight, but I do find it very concerning that you would support this mentality in our industry. If you are a trained nail tech yourself don’t you see how this practice is ruining the reputation and standard we strive to set in the world.

I welcome everyone that has a passion for nails to become a nail tech and become successful in how ever they want to work, but not spending time and money training properly and investing in it as is crazy, not to mention unprofessional and you setting yourself up to risks that I wouldn’t wish on anyone. Especially clients!

This is the same problem throughout the beauty and wellness industry. Would you go and get your nails done by someone not trained that doesn’t even know the chemical makeup of their products. What do you tell a clients who suffers a reaction and asks for the msds to bring to her doctor? This doesn’t add up and you should really look at it from a business prospective. Cheaper products and no training does not create more revenue.

Also consider that you are in a forum with a lot of highly trained and experienced nail technicians that has spent a lot of money and time training to turn this in to a full time profession and your message to up and coming nail techs is to not take this as a serious profession.

Ouch ..... my opinion and everything from China is bad again. Please make up more assumptions and false accusations.
Have you heard of a UK based manufacturer and supplier (won't mention names - Nxxx Nxxxx) that has one of our top (UK) nail professionals. Have a look at Youtube and have a go at her if us 'non all must be pro everything' is so bad. I have been doing nails for over 20 years and use a product for it's results and authenticity - not for it's exclusiveness or extra training required. I'll admit since becoming a nail tech i HAVE done one training course on an 'exclusive' product and the trainer/teacher was useless. For me it was just a sales pitch and even the 'exclusive product' teacher had one of the worst nail prep's i have ever seen. Bash my opinion all you like but i'll stick to my argument that my nail tech training was more about the make up of the finger/nail, application and the technical etc etc as most of us have done to makes us qualified. If the product is safe to use, certified, authentic and has good results then i have no problem with telling others my opinion.
The product in question is safe, is certified and this forum is for NT's. Let people have a choice and an opinion. As for making products available to non NT's i think is maybe for another topic / debate.

I'm no detective but see what's going on here ;) Don't fear i won't make more than one account ...hahahahah

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back