Cannot believe what a client told me 2day...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see these places all the time and am shocked how many people they have in there! And most of them (the clients) usually look utterly bored!

I don't know the first thing about Nail work, most of it goes over my head - but even as a non-nail geek I've always been suspicious of these places and their obsession with electric files, what I would call more reputable looking nail bars / salons don't have them around.

Unfortunately there is only one way this can be addressed and that is through education to clients and, maybe more importantly, prospective clients. If the bigger nail companies and associations got together to form / fund a lobby group that would go a long way to helping! Councils / the government need lobbying on licensing, and the public need to be made aware through appropriately targetted advertising.

Mat

As I'm setting myself up from home, I phoned my local council to check if I needed to do anything.
I was put through to the environmental health dept who told me to fill out a OSR1 form and it would go on file and maybe someone would do a visit for health and safety checks but it was unlikely as wait for it, "it's a low risk industry":eek:

this is true so many my clients go these chop shops and there nails look like a stair case with so many lines from drills and bad filing its so sad they still go there cos they cheap, no ques, and i suppose quicker.

they should make us all reg with a nail society or some std society in uk.
:lol:

I don't think we have Nss bars in the states. In order to work as a Nail Tech you have to take Boards and get licensed.

I don't think we have Nss bars in the states. In order to work as a Nail Tech you have to take Boards and get licensed.

NSS means non standard salon....thats with or without a license.

If they do not practise professional methods then they are NSS and I am positive that there are some in every country.

Latest posts

Back