Cannot file my own nails!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

char1112

Reaction score
Sorry for the late post geeks (if you're in the uk like me)

I usually do my nails late on on a night and I'm really annoying myself now because I can't get my nails filed quickly and evenly. I used to have a nail tech who I'd go to, I'd do her nails and she'd do mine. Since she moved away I'm getting really frustrated about filing my own nails. Does anyone have any tips because it's getting to a point where I feel like just cutting them off!!!

Take your time, dont rush and look at them how a client would. I can't think of the proper way of saying that, its past my bedtime! File a little bit at a time. Hth x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Sorry for the late post geeks (if you're in the uk like me)

I usually do my nails late on on a night and I'm really annoying myself now because I can't get my nails filed quickly and evenly. I used to have a nail tech who I'd go to, I'd do her nails and she'd do mine. Since she moved away I'm getting really frustrated about filing my own nails. Does anyone have any tips because it's getting to a point where I feel like just cutting them off!!!

i know exactly what u mean hun, i never do 2 hands at the same time will do one had 1 night and the next the next day. its just a matter of taking your time, i can file with my right hand ok but my other hand i seem to use my hand instead of the file lol. obviously the smoother the application the easier to file, which is hard on ur opposite hand i no lol. i need to find a swapsie person lol xx

I have bent fingers lol n I get them how I think is straight (with hand facing me), turn them to face away n they're crooked! Drives me nuts!
Now i always do my enhancements, n take a good 30mins outside having a coffee n relax... With a file lol

I have bent fingers lol n I get them how I think is straight (with hand facing me), turn them to face away n they're crooked! Drives me nuts!
Now i always do my enhancements, n take a good 30mins outside having a coffee n relax... With a file lol

I do this every time! Filed mine the other day and they seemed really even then I held them out and they were all leaning to one side!!! Think I spent over an hour just filing and shaping them (with breaks where I ranted on at my dog about my nails being a mess) haha I think taking it slow is the only way I can do it until I get better at doing my own nails :/ xx

Latest posts

Back