Can't bear to be apart from my boyfriend

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chloester

Reaction score
I recently moved in with my boyfriend of 4 years, I have been there 2 weeks now, 3 this Friday and I cant stand being away from him
I feel home sick at work, I stayed with my papa on Sunday to keep him company and the whole time I felt sad because I wasn’t with my boyfriend
Is there something wrong with me? Anything I can do to help this or is it normal?

When he starts doing your head in then you will be fine don't worry ;) I was the same at first but am fine now and only moved in in February so try not to worry about it xxx

I had a husband who couldn't be away from me. We are now divorced.
Just make sure it passes and you will be fine.
Just putting the other side of it really. It's not a nice life when someone's entire happiness depends on you.

Ive lived with my partner for a year and I miss him when we are apart..... but its good for the both of u to have time apart and time for yourself. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I use to hate spending a night apart (I was fine in the day) now I love a night off :) wouldn't bother me if he went on holiday etc.

Think it is normal to an extent. As missy said your happiness shouldn't be 100% reliant on a person.

But at the moment your probably just enjoying living together.

Xx

Absence makes the heart grow fonder 💕💕💕

My OH has been away 4 weeks doing a yacht deliveries around Europe, yes I miss him, get very few texts etc due to signal issues at his end and sometimes fret if the yacht safety tracker hasn't delivered an location response, however we respect each other's space and choice of jobs.

Time does make the heart grow fonder💏.

I think though you need to get it in to perspective, you only spend one night apart and time apart during working hours!

try not to turn into a bunny boiler or try to suffocate him with you needing to 'be together all the time'

Men hate needy women!

Many couples spend months apart due to work commitments and they get through it

I recently moved in with my boyfriend of 4 years, I have been there 2 weeks now, 3 this Friday and I cant stand being away from him
I feel home sick at work, I stayed with my papa on Sunday to keep him company and the whole time I felt sad because I wasn’t with my boyfriend
Is there something wrong with me? Anything I can do to help this or is it normal?

Ha ha, believe me, it will pass! I've been with my husband 10 years now, and he regularly works away mon-fri, sometimes for two or three weeks at a time! And I absolutely love it!

I get control of the remote, I can have girly nights with our daughters without him complaining about the smell of polish etc! I can lounge around on my day off without feeling like I should be cleaning etc, the kids can sleep in our room, and I can sip a glass of wine in the evening without having to share it!

It is our secret to a long lasting relationship! I love it when he is home, we are a very happy family, and our time together is always valued and special. Not living in each others pockets, and having to spend so much time apart, just makes us stronger, and more in love!

I couldn't imagine a life where we were always together, it can't be healthy, and I'm pretty sure we would be divorced within a year lol x

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Awww I think that sounds sweet.. just let us know when you're feelings change so you can join in with us bitter old bags with our moaning and complaining about the oh,,, :D

Awww I think that sounds sweet.. just let us know when you're feelings change so you can join in with us bitter old bags with our moaning and complaining about the oh,,, :D

Which old bags are you referring to? I never moan about my OH. :eek:

I get control of the remote, I can have girly nights with our daughters without him complaining about the smell of polish etc! I can lounge around on my day off without feeling like I should be cleaning etc, the kids can sleep in our room, and I can sip a glass of wine in the evening without having to share it!

This sounds exactly like us! I'm not even frightened at night now, I just love the freedom! (I sound terrible!)

This sounds exactly like us! I'm not even frightened at night now, I just love the freedom! (I sound terrible!)

There truly is no better way to live. :biggrin::wink2:

Not terrible at all - just human!
Its like 2 different lives, single mum vs family unit! I used to hate him being away, but I'm happy to admit that nowadays I actually quite enjoy it, but that's possibly because I feel safe in the knowledge that he will be home for the weekend - and I can have a lie in!

I love him to bits though, honest!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Excuse me! I am only 20 and LOVE a moan ;)

Aww, so lovely you're so in love and can't bear to be apart!
The others are right though..it will start to pass, which is a good thing!

I'm on a gap year with my boyfriend and we travelled round in a little van and spent 24/7 together. I hateddd it when we stopped somewhere for a few months to work and earn money and he had very long hours at work. It was like going cold turkey! I still fidget and miss him when I go on girls nights out and things but it's definitely passing but I also think a lot of mine is to do with the fact we're 12,000 miles away from home and he's the only person I knew out here.

There's nothing wrong with you! :) just enjoy the honeymoon period before he drives you mad! Oh, also mine has finished work for 2 weeks now before we start travelling again. We're on day 4 of him being home and it is starting to drive me a little crazy!

Just try not to be too suffocating or anything, although I'm sure he feels an element of hating being apart from you too :)
X

Yep I used to cry whenever we were apart a few nights, 6 years down the line I love my me time. Its completely normal and it will get easier.

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

My ex was like that, I thought it was sweet to start with, then everytime I turned around either he'd be on the phone to the extent of ringing me on his way over to mine (10 mins drive away) right until saying bye, hanging up while stood in my kitchen looking at me, or I'd be tripping over him under my feet everytime I turned around.

Drove me nuts in the end lol 😁

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

My husband will sometimes phone me up and say "good news! finishing early. See you in 20 mins." My facial expressions will be similar to these :eek::rolleyes::irked::irked::irked::grr:. Twenty years ago the expressions would have been like these :):Love::Love::wink2::o

I found out an hour ago that he's coming home 2 days early!

So how am I feeling about this you might wonder? Not bleeping happy!!! :mad::irked::grr::cry::rolleyes:

Last edited:
I advise my brides-to-be that the marriages would be a lot happier if men and women could live across the road from each other ... or next door if they have to ... and failing that they should save/invest £3000.00 on a decent sized shed with heat and power as one day it will save her sanity and their marriage. :cool:

Latest posts

Back