Can't do my masters!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tip Toes

Reaction score
I really want to do my masters (with Creative), but the model requirement really is a problem for me. I would have to travel over 3 hours to get to Leeds, which isn't a problem but I have no one who could model for me. I moved 160 mile away from all my family and friends only have my Mum and she is 70. Any ideas!

I don't drive so getting to Leeds for me means 4 taxi's and two trains return which can be expensive,if you were passing by and were willing to collect me,so long as i have notice of the dates i'd love to model for you.

I understand it would be out of your way but at least the offer is there if all else fails,it would be a shame for you to miss out :hug:

Can I just ask why you are travelling 3 hours to Leeds when the one in Milton Keynes is closer to you?

Leeds is closer to Lincoln than Milton Keynes

I travelled from Stamford a few weeks ago and it took me about 45mins

if it was a day i was available then i would be your model but my nails are tiny and slightly bitten,
they are fab for CB (i was my mates models for her masters )
but anyway the offer is ther for ya hun x

Leeds is closer to Lincoln than Milton Keynes

Oh ok sorry.
I thought as it was only an hour and a half away that it would be closer.

I wonder if its worth asking if there is anyone at the academy that could model for you...??

or any geeks here from leeds...?

I am able to get to Leeds on a Friday but not any other day, not sure that would help you though? I dont know what is required for dates for your course.......

i can do milton keynes(family there) - if that would help - get the dates upfront and let me know
Tracy

Hi

I'm available on Mondays if thats any good for you, and I am ok to make my own way there.

pm me if this is any good for you hun.

I am another that would be willing to model for you,
depending on the days and dates (as long as I'm free that day)

why don't you find out when the dates would be, then post them on here, I'm sure between us lot we could sort it out so you had a model for each class :hug:

depending how soon the dates are, and how soon my poorly nail grows back (hopefully about 4 weeks), i dont mind modelling. I can do pretty much any day as most of my clients are flexible and only book a few days before due to their working hours.

awww how nice is it that so mainly are willing to help a geek in need!!!!

Oh thank you all for your kindness :hug: I keep putting things off i'me not the most confident person in the world. Training on family and friends nails is soooooo different to doing another nail techs:Scared:

Thanks again will look into it! :lol:

I will come up to Leeds if I am free on the day hun.

Hi, I'm doing my Masters on 18/05 at Milton keynes, and in much the same position as you. What date is your course, if they were different, perhaps we could help each other out.

Sue

Oh thank you all for your kindness :hug: I keep putting things off i'me not the most confident person in the world. Training on family and friends nails is soooooo different to doing another nail techs:Scared:

Thanks again will look into it! :lol:
Don't be silly, we don't bite and we are 100% behind people that are passionate about furthering their skills,
we are all here for you :hug:

Aw Tiptoes,training on a tech can be awfull :lol: Di Plummer MADE me do her nails ,i nearly cried lol but you know what in training you are always nervous and she was happy that i would be able to go away and give my clients a great set of nails (even though i did hers terribly,a tech is often the BEST person you can practise on.

One of my bestest friends is a tech who likves in Kent,when she comes home i do her nails because she says mine are beautifull,i was shaking with nerves the first time i did hers,even though we have been friends for years,but for her to say that is an amazing compliment,you see it's nerve racking,but once acheived you grow in confidence :hug:

why don't you put up a poster in your local shop window asking for a model to accompany you? I had no model available for a few competitions but managed to get heaps of people interested just by putting up a poster in the pub window. I would mention that the person needs to be able to travel to leeds. But if they have a car perhaps they could drive you there and back in exchange for beautiful nails!

x x x

Latest posts

Back