Can't get access to my website!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenx

Reaction score
Hi, went to check on my website tonight and it keeps telling me the link is broken.
Could someone please check on it for me - it may just be my computer.
www.simply-tanning.co.uk and click on the link to the main site.

Really appreciate it :hug:
Thanks,
Jen x

Hiyah

Ive just clicked on and its not working hun

Sue x

Hi

I have also checked and I can't access it either. Hope you get it sorted out soon :) xx

Thanks so much for checking for me, hopefully it is just that webs.com is down for a few hours and will be working again tomorrow, it worked earlier today xx

It's working OK for me here at the moment (I am on the Vodafone mobile broadband dongle down in Wiltshire)...

I use webs.com as well and I cannot access my website or my webmail server by webs.com.....
So I am pretty sure it is something to do with webs.com.

I use webs.com as well and I cannot access my website or my webmail server by webs.com.....
So I am pretty sure it is something to do with webs.com.

Actually it was only the site at www.simply-tanning.co.uk that was working (and that is hosted by 123-reg.co.uk in the UK) - whereas the www.vani-t.webs.com site that it links to (the webs.com one) is not loading - sorry about the confusion!

I can't "ping" www.vani-t.webs.com either.

Just tried a "traceroute" on my Linux box, and it is coming up with the following error:

traceroute www.vani-t.webs.com
www.vani-t.webs.com: Temporary failure in name resolution
Cannot handle "host" cmdline arg `www.vani-t.webs.com' on position 1 (argc 1)

So that could be a problem with the nameserver at webs.com if I can't even attempt a traceroute to the server (which is quite serious as it would imply that the entire DNS [Domain Name Service] for webs.com is down).

Actually it was only the site at www.simply-tanning.co.uk that was working (and that is hosted by 123-reg.co.uk in the UK) - whereas the www.vani-t.webs.com site that it links to (the webs.com one) is not loading - sorry about the confusion!

I can't "ping" www.vani-t.webs.com either.

Just tried a "traceroute" on my Linux box, and it is coming up with the following error:

traceroute www.vani-t.webs.com
www.vani-t.webs.com: Temporary failure in name resolution
Cannot handle "host" cmdline arg `www.vani-t.webs.com' on position 1 (argc 1)

So that could be a problem with the nameserver at webs.com if I can't even attempt a traceroute to the server (which is quite serious as it would imply that the entire DNS [Domain Name Service] for webs.com is down).

LOL, I found all of that very confusing, but yes it does seem to be the whole of webs.com that is down as I couldn't even access the main site www.webs.com.

Maybe it is a sign after my other post today about switching to someone else lol. Really hope it is sorted soon xx

It is working again :lol::lol::lol:
Thanks geeks xx

It is working again :lol::lol::lol:
Thanks geeks xx

I'm guessing it was either a temporary glitch with their nameserver - or perhaps a problem with their Internet connection? These things do happen from time to time even with the most well regulated companies!

Latest posts

Back