Can't get extension clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hausofhana

Reaction score
I've literally just qualified in fusion and microbond extensions, and I'm struggling to even get models for hair extensions at a very low price.

I live in an area where lots of girls do extensions for good prices, how can I make myself stand out to bring in the clients?i advertise on Facebook, gumtree and have business cards and fliers on the way, I don't know what else up do. No one in my area wants expensive high end extensions, they just want a cheap full head.

Help!! Even if I make back the training costs il be happy!!

Xxxx

I need this advise too x

What sort of prices are you charging for the 'models'?

That's the problem everyone seems to be offering extensions lately but not everyone wants or can afford them.

People are struggling to find jobs to pay bills never mind get extensions.

Lots of the girls you see year clip in extensions because they can't afford any other extensions.

Stick to offering all other hair services and tell your clients you now do extensions.

In our experience, although facebook, gumtree etc are good avenues to get your name out there they tend to attract 'one hit wonders' who scrape together the money for 1 install and you never see them again.

If/when funds allow a good professional website, optimised correctly for google so that people can find you in the area you want to cover, will attract those with more disposable income who can afford your services and will become regular clients.

....and did the company you trained with not offer you any pointers on marketing yourself?

I am finding the same with facebook.

Everybody is just after the lowest, cheapest price and it frustates me!

How much roughly is it to set up your own website on google?

The problem is, too many people are doing hair extensions now so its hard to compete and especially if there prices are lower.

I'm going to go round sun beds shops always carry flyers with me x

Talk to your normal hair clients, lots of them like the idea of thicker hair. Not every head of ext has to look like the lap dancer look.

When I first trained I charged £50 to fit them (because I didn't feel very confident and needed the practice) and offered a cheap Indian hair that lasts up to 3months or a premium european hair that lasts up to 6. so people could chose. That way you manage their expectations by explaining the cheaper hair isn't as good quality so they won't be disappointed thinking it'll last 6months+
I know charge £150 to fit them and luckily for me, alot of people chose the European hair which requires lifting after 2-3months so I get another £150 to re do them.
I think word of mouth is best so if you maybe offer it really cheap just to get some people through the door, then put the prices up when you get busier?

When I first trained I charged £50 to fit them (because I didn't feel very confident and needed the practice) and offered a cheap Indian hair that lasts up to 3months or a premium european hair that lasts up to 6. so people could chose. That way you manage their expectations by explaining the cheaper hair isn't as good quality so they won't be disappointed thinking it'll last 6months+
I know charge £150 to fit them and luckily for me, alot of people chose the European hair which requires lifting after 2-3months so I get another £150 to re do them.
I think word of mouth is best so if you maybe offer it really cheap just to get some people through the door, then put the prices up when you get busier?

Hi beauty queen can I ask where you go for your euro hair? And is it stick and nail tip?

I'm not a hairdresser, I'm a training English teacher lol do can't offer any other services.

Even 1 hit wonders would be a bonus atm!
I had marketing advice from my trainers but still find it difficult to he customers, I don't know if a website would be much use as there is nothing to set me apart from the other extensionists...

So my question is.... How can I stand out?! Any special offer ideas or anything like that?

Xxx

I'm not a hairdresser, I'm a training English teacher lol do can't offer any other services.

Even 1 hit wonders would be a bonus atm!
I had marketing advice from my trainers but still find it difficult to he customers, I don't know if a website would be much use as there is nothing to set me apart from the other extensionists...

So my question is.... How can I stand out?! Any special offer ideas or anything like that?

Xxx

One thing I think makes me slightly different to some of the others local to me is that I offer the aftercare as part of my package (shampoo, conditioner and brush) so the extra cost is a little more justified as not only are they getting additional products but it's saving them time and it's convenient and I can then guarantee the hair as long as they use it - I don't know what the other businesses do in your area but I know clients that have come to me like this and others don't do it - might be an option ?

One thing I think makes me slightly different to some of the others local to me is that I offer the aftercare as part of my package (shampoo, conditioner and brush) so the extra cost is a little more justified as not only are they getting additional products but it's saving them time and it's convenient and I can then guarantee the hair as long as they use it - I don't know what the other businesses do in your area but I know clients that have come to me like this and others don't do it - might be an option ?

I like this, where could I get my hands on a cheap ish but decent aftercare kit?

Thanks xx

Hi beauty queen can I ask where you go for your euro hair? And is it stick and nail tip?

I get it from Tasha jacks stick tipped cos I use micro links. Sometimes I bond it myself if doing hair for family and friends cos they charge alot for pre bonding. I'm thinking about going to one of the ladies on here to do it for me (think she charges £30) cos I can't be bothered doing it! X

The aftercare kit is a really good idea. I explain to my clients about the different types of hair and cost ect and it's worth doing cos they trust me and chose to come to me. I always say something like, you could go to a salon and pay £500 but you dont know that the hair's only cost £60 and the rest is their profit.

im a nail tech not a hair person but marketing is the same!!

definitely get yourself a website, best thing i ever did and most of them are free unless you want added extras. its not about setting yourself apart from the rest its about getting your name out there!!most ppl these days google for what they are looking for so you want your name popping up when they do!! if your prices are high then explain that you only use top quality hair etc

also leaflets in your local area are great, esp schools, golf clubs, hotels, wedding venues, try and get a contact for weddings maybe a dress shop etc, alot of brides want extensions for their big day,also proms target those too,

get yourself on fb,gumtree,vivastreet etc all the free advertising you can get, this will help with your website too, the more times you are advertised on the net the quicker your site will come up when googling!!

am hoping this makes sense and i havent waffled too much!! dont forget it takes time, it doesnt happen over night xx

Hey does any one know a good website to get good quality micro ring hair extensions???

All 5 of my models have cancelled on me at last minute :(

So hurt! Does anyone share my pain lol?

:sad: xxx

Latest posts

Back