Can't get hair silver enough

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mollie1985

Reaction score
Looking of some advice have a client who's hair I bleach just roots with 20 vol manage to get it to slightly yellow/orange more orange at the back iv used 9.1 and 9.2 to try tone and used 902 but client wants it more silvery can anyone suggest anything xx

How did you apply the bleach? Routine?
Where did you start as it should be lifted to a more light white and spa toner with make it very ash/silver or I believe wella do a silver semi.

You'll need to lift it up lighter than yellowy orange :)

I use wella 10/1 with pastel to get a silver effect but I lift it up really light to begin with :)

You need to lift it to a very pale yellow first :) I use NXT 11.02, used to have silver hair last year. Also you can use crazy colour sliver to add tone aswel Hth xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1339199270.027707.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1339199270.027707.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 10,153
You need to lift it to a very pale yellow first :) I use NXT 11.02, used to have silver hair last year. Also you can use crazy colour sliver to add tone aswel Hth xx

Rolled up this colour is lovely. Exactly what i have been after! Which out of the 2 you have mentioned would you recommend? Im in the wella 10/16 club at through mo but so need a change! Xxxx

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

Hi thanks all for advice that pic is a bit too grey for what she's looking for she wants the kind of platinum blonde but with the silver to it lol I usually apply it just to the roots and I usually start from the back then work my way upwards iv tried lightening it twice to a yellow then applying the 902 x

Try wella 10/8. If not silvery enough can add 0/81 special mix.

What bleach do you use? And what strength poroxide? And long r you leaving it on for?
I'd say it defo needs more lift if her hair can take it :) x

Wella 10/8 is really good!

Hiya iv been using blondor I use it with 20 and leave on for about 35 mins the hair is very porous so I'm quite wary of trying to lift it anymore il maybe try the 10/8 hopefully that will help xx

Hiya iv been using blondor I use it with 20 and leave on for about 35 mins the hair is very porous so I'm quite wary of trying to lift it anymore il maybe try the 10/8 hopefully that will help xx

This is a photo of my friend who I practice on.
He is a natural base 4
I bleached his hair to very pale yellow, then toned using Luo color P01
I left the Luo color on for 20 mins, but you should watch it closely and check every 5 mins.

I didn't leave him like this. I pre-pigged then colored him back to his base 4 afterwards. :biggrin::biggrin:

Attachments

• 094.jpg
    094.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 621
Definately the key is in the lift. Get it to a nice pale yellow with 20 vol. If it stops lifting (drying out etc'..) wash out & re-apply for 10 mins if necessary. LUO P01 will give it that silvery tone. Watch out though as different hair grabs the tone in different ways. I have one client where I have to rinse the P01 from the back before I've reached the front & yet I have other clients can sit there for 20 mins before I need to do anything. It's all about the visual.

Hi yes that's the kind of colour I'm looking for yeah I'm quite worried as her hair is quite porous so I'm worried about it grabbing the hair il buy bothe colours recommended and if one doesn't work then il try the other lol thanks for the help as always ;-)

try blondeme ice or steel toner or a mix of both :) these came out really nice on some of my clients :) x

Looking of some advice have a client who's hair I bleach just roots with 20 vol manage to get it to slightly yellow/orange more orange at the back iv used 9.1 and 9.2 to try tone and used 902 but client wants it more silvery can anyone suggest anything xx
HI i have a client thats a base 4/5 i bleached it for an hour with a cap on it,then used Igora Royal toner 9.1 came it a gorgous silver blonde,she washes it with a silver shampoo in between,must say every time she comes in blonde gets better each time!

HI i have a client thats a base 4/5 i bleached it for an hour with a cap on it,then used Igora Royal toner 9.1 came it a gorgous silver blonde,she washes it with a silver shampoo in between,must say every time she comes in blonde gets better each time!

Hiya oh sounds great I defo think I'm just not lifting it enough doing her hair on fri so will look at all these options :)

Georgous silver color.

Attachments

• hairdesign36.jpg
    hairdesign36.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 1,581

Latest posts

Back