Cant stop my brush from clogging?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
:confused: no matter what how much i press my brush against the side of my dappen dish i still get some of my bead sticking to my brush - i assume this is because it is too wet - but no matter how much i just put the tip into the monomer and press this keeps happening

(PS I'm learning with OPI Comp 3000)....nails look fine when done but my brush is not....i've tried counting, pressing hard, soft, wiping motions just seem to be working to wet...can anyone help me...

Can't you ring your educator or OPI and get some help from them?

To me, too wet means too much liquid and too much liquid can be controled by either picking up more powder or dabbing more liquid out of your brush before you start.

If it was me, I'd ring an educator or hot line direct and get some advice on the best technique to use with the OPI system you are using.

Hi ya

If you ring OPI you could also ask if they have ever considered representing thier company on the Geek web site.......Just a thought!

geeg said:
Can't you ring your educator or OPI and get some help from them?

To me, too wet means too much liquid and too much liquid can be controled by either picking up more powder or dabbing more liquid out of your brush before you start.

If it was me, I'd ring an educator or hot line direct and get some advice on the best technique to use with the OPI system you are using.
didnt think to call OPI as I dont have an account as the kit was bought through college, my college tutor keeps telling me my ratio is fine - but i know its not as of the residue left on my brush - thanks for advice, i will give opi a call and see if they will help...

It really should not matter if you have an account - if they are supporting the products use through colleges then they will hopefully be pleased to give you help.

Let us know how you get on.

are you wiping the brush after placing the bead? I mean are you going place, wipe, press? It may sound a little illogical, but wiping your brush at that point can result in clogging. Try place, wait, press - that may solve the problem.

What is your brush cleaning method? It is important to use fresh monomer to clean the brush with - not the residue from the set you have just done.

ella said:
are you wiping the brush after placing the bead? I mean are you going place, wipe, press? It may sound a little illogical, but wiping your brush at that point can result in clogging. Try place, wait, press - that may solve the problem.

What is your brush cleaning method? It is important to use fresh monomer to clean the brush with - not the residue from the set you have just done.
hi Ella - yep I put clean monomer into another dappen - but i notice in the one i'm working with it gets quite cloudy towards the end!

Sawasdee ka

I have problem one time b4 with clogging and i try everything but was no good after i buy new brush and was no clogging .

B4 i stand brush up after i clean i did not know to have flat .

I now take care my brush all the time the cloudy liquid is because your brush is holding product i had same .

Please try a new brush and i hope your problem gone .

mui from Thailand

(PS I'm learning with OPI Comp 3000)....nails look fine when done but my brush is not....i've tried counting, pressing hard, soft, wiping motions just seem to be working to wet...can anyone help me...[/QUOTE]
hiya - you have to make sure that you have got most of the liquid out of the brush. when you place your bead, wipe the brush out thoroughly. this works for me but i use the clarite. let me know how you get on when you ring opi

OPI-nails said:
(PS I'm learning with OPI Comp 3000)....nails look fine when done but my brush is not....i've tried counting, pressing hard, soft, wiping motions just seem to be working to wet...can anyone help me...
hiya - you have to make sure that you have got most of the liquid out of the brush. when you place your bead, wipe the brush out thoroughly. this works for me but i use the clarite. let me know how you get on when you ring opi[/QUOTE] will do hopefully will call them 2 morow..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back