Capital Hair and beauty selling to your clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kylieb

Reaction score
I had a client who asked me to order her some mascara so she could buy this an her sp lash appointment, which I did.
She turns up to have her lashes done only to tell me that she doesn't need the mascara as she bought in it Capital because its exactly the same but cheaper (obv im not selling it to her at cost price).
I asked her how this was possible as her job has nothing to do with hair or beauty, neither is she qualfied in anything relating to it!
She was told beacuse she has her own business - again nothing beauty related, then she could open up an account and buy what she wants from there.
So now she has her hands on eyelash tint, lashes, opi varnishes - the lot! All of what I do for her.
I'm fuming to say the least and have complained to them to see what is going on.
Is this wrong or am I missing something here? I stopped going to Sally's for this reason!
Sorry for the rant!

Well that is absolutely ridiculous! I will be interested to hear what they have to say in response to your complaint. I totally agree, have never been overally keen on Sally's for that very reason and now Capital!

Thats not right. You can't get a membership at Capital by owning some random business. I think she is fibbing..to them or to you!

I'll let you know what they say. Shes got the card and everything! She went in there for a diary asking if she could just buy it and then came out with an account!

I didn't think this was possible either! I can't go to my local sallys without my account card! I did have one problem when one of my clients went to a beauty wholesalers used my salon name and bought a Load of hair supplies!! I was fuming! But they were very apologetic and now if anyone new uses my name they call me to clarify! Xx

Capital have always had the policy that you have to take in your certificates so the only other way she could get a card is if she has done some sort of beauty course or she knows someone who works there. They have always been strict and have even refused to sell hair colours to beauticians when I have been in there.

I have to say that i had a client in for a gelish treatment and she asked where i got all my bits from .. i said direct from the company etc.. never mentioned wholesalers.. she said .. "i borrow my friends Sally's card to get my hair stuff an varnish sometimes.. but i prefer aston & fincher.. i said .. oh right i think you have to be in the trade to use them .. she said.. my friend is a hairdressers so she lets me use her card".. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

nothing and nowhere is sacred.. !!!

Sarah x

I use Capital and although they are used to me coming in every now and again I still have to show my card before they let me in :) Plus their leaflets all say 'you won't find your customers shopping here' Is it possible that your client used someone elses certs/college letter to open an account?

I use Capital and although they are used to me coming in every now and again I still have to show my card before they let me in :) Plus their leaflets all say 'you won't find your customers shopping here' Is it possible that your client used someone elses certs/college letter to open an account?

Same for me. I went to Capital on Thursday and two girls were trying to buy stuff and were told to come back with their certificates.

Latest posts

Back