Capping the edge

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bean

Reaction score
Why would this happen? I'm capping the edges but then when come out of the light the edge be gel free???? Help x

You'd need to be more specific, hun. What system of gel are you referring to?

Are you dry brushing the base coat after curing?

Why would this happen? I'm capping the edges but then when come out of the light the edge be gel free???? Help x

clear gel or Colour gel?

I dont use Gelish, but many gel products shrink under the lamp so it might be shrinking back. I'm sure another gelish user will be along in a minute to give you a solution

Hiya..yes it' sound like its shrinking... I find the odd dark colour such as Diva, Sweet Chocolate do this from time to time. Try thinner coats and maybe flash curing a couple of fingers at a time whilst you apply to the next two fingers.... Then full cure as you would when all fingers applied...

Rendevouz it happened to tonight but never has before!!! I hope it doesn't lift eeeeek :(

Keep the base thin, dry brush base after curing, and keep the color coats thin. If you find it's still shrinking, try painting 1-2 fingers at a time just so you get it in the lamp quicker. :)

Thanks for advice x

If I have a shrinking colour I paint all 5 then go back along and quickly re-cap the edges before popping it in x

I sometimes get this with darker colours and on some people and not others. I do as Elmo and swipe the edges again before curing. X

Latest posts

Back