Capping the free edge

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarahmorg1

Reaction score
Hi

I have been reading previous threads where you have been giving advice to cap the free edge.

I am up for trying anything to prolong my nail art. I use OPI nail varnishes, base coat, varnish, then my nail design and then top coat, but I find that after about two days the varnish starts to peel.

I am a mum, so do have my hands in alot of water, and where possible I do use gloves.

Can you tell me how to cap?

Thanks

Simplisticly, bring your base coat, polish, top coat over the free edge, don't just paint it on what you can see, as in top of the nail, wrap it around the free edge and you make a seal.

Make sure you thoroughly clean the nail bed with varnish remover before you paint. Any oil on the nail will cause the polish to peel prematurely.

Make sure you thoroughly clean the nail bed with varnish remover before you paint. Any oil on the nail will cause the polish to peel prematurely.

The nail plate is what need to be cleansed,cleaning the nail bed would be extremely painfull :D

Ditto Cathie! :lol:

Am i wrong in thinking that you dehydrate the nail plate with a specific dehydrator rather than using just polish remover...as this can contain moisture binding ingredients that will cause the nail colour to peel or lift off??:confused:;)

i always use scrubfresh before applying my base coat, polish etc
hth xx

Latest posts

Back