car advertising

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keeleydee

Reaction score
Hiya everyone,

Just about to have my logo and details put on my car doors, has anyone else done this, and has it brought you in much business?

This is something I want to do too. At the moment I just have a CND decal on my door window and I've got 1 client from that!

But I want to have something with more details on my rear window, business name, phone number etc.

I think it is worth it, i will let you know how i get on, i guess its all good for getting known locally, parked at school, in town, outside restaurants and in TRAFFIC ??

This is what I've thought. The more people who we're there the better.:)

Love to hear about others experiences too.

This is what I've thought. The more people who we're there the better.:)

Love to hear about others experiences too.

Yes i think if you have a cool funky eye catching logo, women and girls will spot it a mile off and they will tell their moms, sister, friends etc ???
Hopefully someone will read the thread that has already tried this and will give us some feedback?

I would be interested in feedback on this too. I am considering getting some graphics done for my car.

My main concern is my impatient hubby driving it around like a t!t with my salon logo plastered all over the back. :irked:

I would be interested in feedback on this too. I am considering getting some graphics done for my car.

My main concern is my impatient hubby driving it around like a t!t with my salon logo plastered all over the back. :irked:

or worse still ..... picking his nose ha ha.... just make sure his nails look good hey??

Yes i think if you have a cool funky eye catching logo, women and girls will spot it a mile off and they will tell their moms, sister, friends etc ???
Hopefully someone will read the thread that has already tried this and will give us some feedback?

This was my van for about 9 months....

http://www.salongeek.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=146&catid=member&imageuser=471

In those 9 months I had no-one call up saying they'd seen the van and wanted to book an appointment :irked:

I removed the signage after 9 months as I hated having my business name and number plastered all over my vehicle. It felt like I was constantly on display. I felt I always had to have my hair perfect, a smile on my face, etc. If I got into an altercation with someone at a roundabout or junction for instance I was very aware that my name and phone number were all over my van.

This was my van for about 9 months....

http://www.salongeek.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=146&catid=member&imageuser=471

In those 9 months I had no-one call up saying they'd seen the van and wanted to book an appointment :irked:

I removed the signage after 9 months as I hated having my business name and number plastered all over my vehicle. It felt like I was constantly on display. I felt I always had to have my hair perfect, a smile on my face, etc. If I got into an altercation with someone at a roundabout or junction for instance I was very aware that my name and phone number were all over my van.

shame Trin, thanku for the feedback, i would not be putting my personal name, only business name and mobile number and web address, but what you said is worth considering, thanku x

shame Trin, thanku for the feedback, i would not be putting my personal name, only business name and mobile number and web address, but what you said is worth considering, thanku x

I didn't put my name on either but it's too close for comfort :)

There were a couple of threads about this while ago with pros and cons that may be worth reading...some one will be along with a link I am sure!!

Anyway I have my mini logoed to the max, I havent had a single booking from it, but I know it is raising awareness as my clients always mention wen they see it. Even if it just gets your name out there so next time someone is let down by their salon they remember you!

My driving is outta control aswell, I still get stressed at the wheel but no one complains hahah!

hope this helps xxx

iv got my little punto all signed up!! it looks great because my car is black and the writing is bright pink. it cost me about £50 and i stuck the on myself (my brother is a total car guru so gave me loads of advice) they are not that easy to put on yourself 0 so word of warning if u think it looks easy. iv had a few cleints from it but i have only had them on about amonth so i will keep u posted
tori x x

I had my car done and the only call i got was from a guy saying i had backed into him in a car park!!! I had a local bus done as well...LOVED that going past the shop window, people would come in and say 'i was on your bus today' Got loads of work from that, it ran for about 2 years even though i was only contracted for 6 months and it was even cheaper to do than the local paper adverts...who then used the proof photos for all my advertising with them.

I have a small white van which i had vynal signs put on,
I have the name of the buisness with its logo, phone number and web and email details, also just a few things that i do ie aromatherapy , nails, waxing that way it covers most things.
I have the logo on the bonnet and the back with contacts then its really bold on the sides.
At first i was really self concious but now i love it, i always have leaflets in the van as i have been asked for them in shopping car parks and have had some really good bookings from it,
I tend to let cars out so im noticed as well, (unless im late or in a bad mood)
Hubby knows that if he uses the van its tough if he feels silly. hahaha
I tend to park wheree im most visable from all sides i figure it all helps.
Helen

thanku so much for all your replies x

I have magnets and phone number,details on back window I had them professionally made and they look wonderfully eye catching.I have Eve Taylor and Creative logo on my back window also.

.Before I had them put on the car I honestly thought I would be inundated with calls,tbh I have had one call oh apart from some perve who called and asked what services I provide:eek:.

Just dont get your hopes up chuck,it's a great,cheap way to advertise but it certainly wont be the answer to your prayers.

Hi Keeley,
Where are you going to get it done as I'd like to get mine done and have been looking around for the best place??

Kate x

Hi Everyone

Just noticed this thread thought I would say hi and reply to the thread.

I advertise my car I am home based and mobile so I have my business name home based and mobile holistic and beauty salon with the phone number on

I too always have leaflets business cards, loyaltiy cards in the car and i too have been asked if i have a leaflet to give them.

I also do some marketing myself by which I will go into town or nearby towns take all my stationary with me wear my therapy uniform. and hand out my leaflets this is usually better than leaflet dropping as you can chat and book an appointment sometimes on the day which is Great :)

I also have a Laminated price list in the side window for people to veiw.
The more u advertise the better u state your mark and get yourself know its bloody hard work but pays off in the end.

If you have the gift of the gab like me you will have no problem LOL

I have also put my leaflets on car windows via window wiper.
and I have good responses from it.

Hope this helps
Love and Peace
Lavander Rose

I worked for a company that had a car with advertising all over it.I dont think it generated much business atall.A few existing clients mentioned they saw it but it didnt generate alot of business.I am mobile now and have lamenated a poster and put it in my back window of my car.I personally wouldnt spend alot of money on it as i dont think its worth it.

Hi

I got a couple of window shades for my car - can't say as I've had people phone up from it, however, people are always reading it! They were only about £12.00 for the pair from tcl products!

Latest posts

Back