Car decals, rear window, does anyone have these?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinkywinky

Reaction score
I am thinking of getting decals done on my window, saying Mobile therapist blah blah blah, done on the back window only not all over my car.

Does anyone have these already?

And do they seem to draw attention and calls do you think?

I have magnetics, my husband makes them and they are great. Dont go for the 'Vistaprint' ones as I tried these and they marked my paintwork after less than a week! I suppose you get what you pay for..:eek:

I have also had my vehicle signwritten all over with graphics when I did nails and got a few calls from it but not loads. I prefer the magnetics as you can remove them when you want to.

Been thinking of this myself as I thought it was another place to get my name out there! Plus im always out and about - picking my daughter up from school, shopping, at friends as well as parked outside clients houses so Im thinking a few calls may come from it.

I dont think they're that expensive so worth a shot!

Good luck if you decide to go for it!

I have the ones from Vistaprint, I found that if i washed my car thoroughly then put them on the paintwork is fine and my car is black so any marks would stick out like a sore thumb! I ended up with no calls at all apart from the odd old lady or man calling about a hair cut when it says hair extensions in big letters! Oh well!

I have decals and I've had some new customers from it.
It's definitely worth doing to boost your salons profile.
Check out how much you could get it done for locally - if it's not a huge amount I think it's worth trying.

I had both magnets and decals on my rear window.All in all I got a handful of clients.I had thought I was on to a winner but it wasn't the case really.It's helpful but dont expect miracles.HTH:green:

hiya, i had my back window done, it looked really good and didnt cost much. i kept it on for around 6 months and the only phonecalls i got were from lads behind me in traffic that fancied a laugh or texting to see if i was single.. lol. i do still think its a good idea as it still does get your name around as people are obv noticing that its u that drives past them every day/week as u stand out more with the sign on the back! i dont think i gave it long enough but i dont regret taking it off.. feels like my car is my own again! n havnt constantly got to worry about being so courteous! no shouting at people when they annoy you either as they know who u r! but yeah like i said, it did look nice n only cost £25 so its worth a go!

hiya, i had my back window done, it looked really good and didnt cost much. i kept it on for around 6 months and the only phonecalls i got were from lads behind me in traffic that fancied a laugh or texting to see if i was single.. lol. i do still think its a good idea as it still does get your name around as people are obv noticing that its u that drives past them every day/week as u stand out more with the sign on the back! i dont think i gave it long enough but i dont regret taking it off.. feels like my car is my own again! n havnt constantly got to worry about being so courteous! no shouting at people when they annoy you either as they know who u r! but yeah like i said, it did look nice n only cost £25 so its worth a go!

I hadnt given thought to these problems. lol. Definitely worth bearing in mind:green:

can i just say, i have noi experience of having it on my own car but as a client of other industries, in traffic, outside school runs etc i notice these cars and the name is something i will note, so i feel if someone was to recommend you to someone and they have SEEN your car ad, you in the car, they relate and i feel are more likely to go to you as your name is familiar to them...hope this mkes sense

this may also sound mad, but to me it looks professional to have this on your car, like the whole marketing package, yer proud of your business, go promote it

Just always be gracious and "look the part"
hahahaha !!!!!

I have a clear piece of plexiglass under my rear window, with the lettering applied to that. That way, if I want to remove my sign for when I'm driving out of town, or going camping, or going to a wedding/funeral, it takes 2 seconds.

I wanted lettering on my car as I'm not only mobile, but I also have a home salon. I can't have a sign outside of my house as per council rules, but if my car is parked outside, it's just as good!

Hi I have just had mine removed! Lol

I had mine on my windows and rear window for about 7mths. I got no custom from them just crank calls!

I was getting text messages from men and to be honest it was really starting to bug me!

I don't mean to put a downer on it because it is a good way to advertise but please consider everything before you go a head.

:cry:
I have magnetics, my husband makes them and they are great. Dont go for the 'Vistaprint' ones as I tried these and they marked my paintwork after less than a week! I suppose you get what you pay for..:eek:

I have also had my vehicle signwritten all over with graphics when I did nails and got a few calls from it but not loads. I prefer the magnetics as you can remove them when you want to.

Bugger. Ordered some from vistaprint.

How did they mark the paint?:cry::cry:

I have had ones from vistaprint and had no problems at all with them, they were great, easily removed and left no marks at all :hug:

I had a sign made for my rear window, have had it there for well over a year. I notice lots of people looking at the sign, noticing the sign, stopping to have a read. I think it stands out and definitely brings attention to the business.

It also keeps the car cooler and stops people from being able to see in side the car through the back window.

I've seen a lot of different trades with decals on their cars in my area, and some don't even have the phone number just the logo, thats what I think I will get and hopefully it will prompt people to ask or search you out (will put web address on too) x

I used to have a jeep so I had a sign made up for the spare wheel cover and I also had magnets for the sides of the car. They looked great, but I felt that I had to be on my best behaviour all the time. I only got two or three clients from them, but it did get my name out there.

I've seen a lot of different trades with decals on their cars in my area, and some don't even have the phone number just the logo, that's what I think I will get and hopefully it will prompt people to ask or search you out (will put web address on too) x

Don't have too much info on your signs - it's impossible to take in when you're driving along. And unless it was really catchy I'd never remember a phone number. Logo and web address (and a very short, generic description of what you do if it isn't obvious from your logo/name) is enough.

Speaking with my Chartered Marketer head on, don't be disheartened if you can't say "I got 100 calls directly from my car signs". Look at it as one part of your marketing mix. The more you can raise awareness of your brand the better and all the marketing methods you use work together to make this happen. x

I don't have decals on my car because a) I have a salon and b) I like to keep business seperate from pleasure.
But I do have magnetics that I put on and take off the car as I see fit. I've had them for a few weeks and I don't know if they've brought me in any trade but I figure that they keep my salon name and logo 'out there'. It's a kind of 'Asda thing' ... LOL! My logo and name are just as important to me as the Asda logo is to them. Branding ... The magnetics cost me £20 and if they make me that back then I'm winning. They also put my telephone number/web addy out there so, as far as I'm concerned, all is good :)

I have the back of my car done, I am sure there are pictures in my albulm if you fancy a peek, a few people have said they looked online at my website after seeing it on the car, so has brought a few people in, even if it just makes people aware of where you are etc that can't be a bad thing,hth x

Latest posts

Back