car insurance!!GRRRRRR!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missy G

Reaction score
Hi,

The side of my car got hit back in August whilst i was as work,any how the repairs were done 3 weeks later!!!End of september i had a call from the garage saying theyd had a fax from my insurance company to say they could go ahead and repair the car...hello it had already been done...i then had a call bout October time from them.. 'could they close the case ,had the work been done??'..hello dont you ever communicate?even the garage said there the worst insurance company to deal with,i also sent them two letters that they reckon they didnt recieve.

Now recently some prats gone in to the side of my car at 4.am ,fell asleep at the wheel and written my car off,they offered me a settlement figure for my car,which i to refused so they said theyd take a look at it again,in the mean time Saturday ive spent all b***** day looking for a car , for the amount theyve already offered me , as the courtesy car guys want their car back, i gets home theyve sent a cheque,without a second offer , minus the excess and what ever was outstanding on the policy(monthly payments),so now ive get a car for £400 less than what they originally quoted...GRRRRR!!!:irked:
The frustrating thing now is ive gotta buy an older car now,:irked:,why should i have to lower my reg coz some pratts fault,and i aint happy with my insurance company for not looking further into the value of my old car,and deducting money off the cheque without informing me...anyone else had there car written off and what was the out come?...:irked:

have you called them and told them how unhappy you are with there service??? if not....do so NOW....tell them YOU are the customer that YOU have had calls from the insurance company when it was already dealt with and how very unhappy you are with the cheque you received....you tell them hun as YOU are paying for there s*** service they have given you...things like this i get my teeth into and wont let go till i am completely satisfied....yes i had car written off and within 1 week they agreed a price and cheque on my door mat......i had argument with a major store...brought my son a bike and bits were coming off...called them to be told that I could phone a taxi to get the bike back to them for check....told them I WONT be calling a taxi,she can and pay for it and get bike back next day....it happened bike all fixed now....sometimes when you know YOUR right you HAVE to stick up for yourself as YOU are paying them at the end of the day for a good service,if you dont get a good service YOU TELL THEM.good luck hun and i would not put cheque in bank from the insurance company just yet!

have you called them and told them how unhappy you are with there service??? if not....do so NOW....tell them YOU are the customer that YOU have had calls from the insurance company when it was already dealt with and how very unhappy you are with the cheque you received....you tell them hun as YOU are paying for there s*** service they have given you...things like this i get my teeth into and wont let go till i am completely satisfied....yes i had car written off and within 1 week they agreed a price and cheque on my door mat......i had argument with a major store...brought my son a bike and bits were coming off...called them to be told that I could phone a taxi to get the bike back to them for check....told them I WONT be calling a taxi,she can and pay for it and get bike back next day....it happened bike all fixed now....sometimes when you know YOUR right you HAVE to stick up for yourself as YOU are paying them at the end of the day for a good service,if you dont get a good service YOU TELL THEM.good luck hun and i would not put cheque in bank from the insurance company just yet!
Im going to phone them in the morning to tell them im not impressed,i havent cashed the cheque yet,ive had to borrow the money off me nan to buy a car today,as ive got the courtesy car peeps on my back wanting the car back ,so the annoying thing is i would of liked to hold on to see if theyd offered me more so i could get a better car,but without the courtesy car i cant get to work,so it all a bit of a visious circle.

you did not agree to that cheque so they are trying to get away with giving you rock bottom price hun....tell them you are a dis satisfied customer and how are they going to help you now....DONT tell them you have brought a car,tell them you need the money to buy onea.s.a.p as the curtesey car has gone,you need car kids,etc.... and the cheque they sent you aint good enough. to buy a car with and for the record,you did not agree to that price so they should not have sent you the cheque,see what they say to that,if you talk to them tomorrow and your not happy with what they have said you p.m hun and i will see what we can do....i will be on here in the morning xx

you did not agree to that cheque so they are trying to get away with giving you rock bottom price hun....tell them you are a dis satisfied customer and how are they going to help you now....DONT tell them you have brought a car,tell them you need the money to buy onea.s.a.p as the curtesey car has gone,you need car kids,etc.... and the cheque they sent you aint good enough. to buy a car with and for the record,you did not agree to that price so they should not have sent you the cheque,see what they say to that,if you talk to them tomorrow and your not happy with what they have said you p.m hun and i will see what we can do....i will be on here in the morning xx
Ok thanx .xxx

It sounds like you've got Fully Comp insurance (rather than just 3rd party, F & T), as you have a courtesy car and it's usually only Fully comp that gives that.
Right - the accident was not your fault - someone ran into you.
Your insurance should be claiming back all your expenses from the other party's insurance - courtesy car, the excess thay have taken from the amount on the cheque, the cost of hiring a car for more days, etc - you should not be out of pocket for an accident the fault of another person. You may have to pay it out first, but they should be getting off their backs***s to give you the support you need.
They also should not have sent a cheque when you hadn't agreed an amount.
I know what it's like having to deal with them.
Remember try not to stress too much.
Good luck,
Marion x

i agree with marion.do not cash the cheque and phone them first thing in the morning.the courtesy car etc... should be being paid by the other driver so there for you are entitle to have it as long as you need to.make sure you fight them on this cause they are definately trying to have you over.good luck.:)

I agree that the excess should be paid by the other driver's insurance but that is assuming he / she is insured ...

If not then you can take them to the small claims court...

Phone them and complain and put everything in writing as soon as possible to them. If you still dont get any joy, you can complain to the Financial Ombudsman.

Financial Ombudsman Service

I have spoken to the insurance company today , even though theyve sent the cheque out to me they are still looking into wether the can offer me more when the garage has posted on my service history from my car,so i may get another cheque at some point for more..ok but ..In the mean time ive got the
courtesy car company saying 7 days after the cheques been issued they have the right to take the car back,i told them i refused the 1st offer due to the fact they didnt put the low mileage into consideration,so she then said i had to send in evidence that the car was worth more,7 days after the insurance company recieved this the courtesy car has to go back:confused:
Ive now panicked thinking im gonna be without a car by the end of the week,and been out and brought a 2001 renault scienic over the weekend,its on an x reg plate,its a lovely vechicle but i just feel degraded ive had to get an x reg vechicle,when i originally got offered the first figure by post i went out looking for an 02 focus which i could of got , but unfortunatly they all seemed to be sold by the weekend,when i got home saturday this cheque had arrived minus £400 for other reasons so i had to look for a car for less on sunday,im just annoyed ive had to buy an older car , in a panick , for something that wasnt my fault,and for the fact i wont have the courtesy car much longer:mad:
I hope this all makes sense,ive kept hold of the cheque havent cashed it yet,my nans lent the money to me bless her to get the car tomorrow i just hope ive made the right move,its only done 35,000 miles,id only done 37 in my old car :confused: it was such a waste of a good car.:cry:

well at least its a result from the insurance company hun....if your not happy with your new car in the new year part ex it....i have 04 focus they are lovely....hope to get another car next year.:green:

As long as its reliable i ll be happy i used to have a clio and now to have a scienic ooh im looking forward to all that room,its probly gonna feel like driving a bus at first..lol...:)my husbands told me to get a cheap private number plate so no one knows its an x reg, you can get em for about £50,wonder if i can get one by tomorrow,maybe im just being silly and too worried about what other people will think.:Grope:

There is nothing degrading about driving an X reg car :hug:

Mine is an 'S' :lol:

There is nothing degrading about driving an X reg car :hug:

Mine is an 'S' :lol:
oooh thanx hun i ll remember dat:lol:

Latest posts

Back