Caramel and blonde on DIY colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mollie1985

Reaction score
Have a client who has been colouring her own hair to about a level 4 with a reddish tint to it don't know what colour she used but she is wanting some blonde and caramel foils now the last time I did some blonde and had to bleach twice and it came out ok she knew that we would need to build it up but she's wanting more blonde with some caramel I don't really think this could be possible what do you think?

I have had this problem before with a client. The only option is to just keep using bleach foils to lift out that 4 other than stripping it really. The caramel will be hard to achieve as the bleached bits will be very porous so won't really hold the colour well if you tint them after bleaching so I wouldn't bother trying to do that. I found with my client that after a few visits the highlights accumulated and gave a nice effect. Some actually looked caramel once new highlights were added each time as the new ones always look brighter. I also did her regrowth in a shade lighter and it blended fine with the rest. Now after several months of doing this we have achieved the colour she wanted. It was a journey but we got there in the end. Just explain to her its going to take time :lol:

Hiya thanks for the reply yeah the foils I did look like they have a few caramel tones but u know what clients are like lol will see how it goes when I go do it lol x

You could always try using a hi lift tint for the caramels, do a test cutting first and use something like koleston 12/1, that might do the trick.

Yes, these clients think you can perform miracles! Lol! After finally getting to the colour she wanted my client now fancies a change and wants to go a plum colour! There is no pleasing them and you always get one like this! Lol good luck

Oh god I know lol The colour she has in hair is quite strong took a good bit of lifting last time so don't think it would ever be the caramel she would want lol x

Latest posts

Back