Caramel highlights on grey hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SJayne

Reaction score
I have a client who has a base 6 at the back and is completely white on her t-section.

I have done her hair previous and all we did was highlights. But she isn't happy with the result as you can still see grey.

I was going to use the 'flooding' technique as I have her booked back in next week.
But I would really like some advice for the highlights.
What is best for white roots? What will hold colour is a 9 to light and will it hold?
I will be using wella 88/0 and 8.3 for the roots.

Please help

Just a question and not a criticism. Why would you use a hilight on colourless hair at the top? There’s no more colour to lift out as it’s white?
Your going to have to deposit colour rather than lift.
Goldwell 9nn or wellla 99/00 are good bases

I bleach and tone white hair it’s still goes yellow. Anything above an 8 is Wella won’t cover anyway.

My fav technique is roots first foils after as you get a more even result

Ahhh ok I was puzzled for moment then.
I’d definitely try a goldwell 7nn 7b in that case and yes covering roots first is the way.
Could you go wella 77/00 7.03 allowing for fade then go over with hilight & low light alternate.

Last edited:
I bleach and tone white hair it’s still goes yellow. Anything above an 8 is Wella won’t cover anyway.

My fav technique is roots first foils after as you get a more even result

That is completely untrue. Level 9 in wella koleston will certainly cover.

That is completely untrue. Level 9 in wella koleston will certainly cover.
I was going to say I have a client who is 80% white I’ve covered whites with 9nn in the past. I’ve ever had that client comeback and say she wasn’t happy though. Guess it’s a client satisfaction thing as well in this case.

I was going to say I have a client who is 80% white I’ve covered whites with 9nn in the past. I’ve ever had that client comeback and say she wasn’t happy though. Guess it’s a client satisfaction thing as well in this case.
Well for me, I have to be satisfied. I'm much pickier than most clients .

9NN isn’t Wella?

Technically and what Wella teach is that 9/0 will not give full coverage

9.38 & some 9.0 is lovely x

Also you can't mix the double bases e.g. 88/0 with the fashion shades , as it looses its intensity.
You can only mix double bases with special mix. (Wella)

Latest posts

Back