Caramel highlights on tinted base 4 hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Casey101

Reaction score
I have a client who wants caramel highlights on a base 4 hair the hair is is also tinted I use wella products and she wants to go to in the level 8 she like the look of 8/03 or 8/07 she doesn’t really want to have bleach on her hair but will if it comes to it is their a way or getting that colour highlights going straight in with the wella and peroxide or will I need to lift first to lighter base first

Tint won't lift tint. The only tint that will lift through tint is 10/0+12% but you won't get a level 8 I doubt.
Take a look at magma /07+, the client has asked you to provide a service, and unless they have an extremely good reason I wouldn't let them tell you how to do your job. Personally I think it's almost unachievable if you don't use bleach or magma which is bleach based. If you were working on a natural level 4 then it's a totally different kettle of fish.

Number 1 rule of hair colour - tint will not lift tint.

Your options are bleach, or lift and deposit like magma, which as you're toning afterwards would just a waste of product.

You also can try 10/0 which breaks that number 1 rule due to the ammonia content. Although I feel this is unreliable and inconsistent if you're after nice even highlights.

Tint won't lift tint. The only tint that will lift through tint is 10/0+12% but you won't get a level 8 I doubt.
Take a look at magma /07+, the client has asked you to provide a service, and unless they have an extremely good reason I wouldn't let them tell you how to do your job. Personally I think it's almost unachievable if you don't use bleach or magma which is bleach based. If you were working on a natural level 4 then it's a totally different kettle of fish.
Snap! You must type faster than me[emoji848]

I was looking at the magma what % would u recon to use to get best result

I was also thinking lift first with bleach and then apply the wella colour she liked after it’s been lifted what you think

I was also thinking lift first with bleach and then apply the wella colour she liked after it’s been lifted what you think
Either will work fine, with both methods you'll still have to take in to consideration the tones that you will expose when lifting. If it was me I'd look at using 6% and see how it lift, take a strand test?

Latest posts

Back