Carbide ceramic burr bits

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sophs999

Reaction score
Hello fellow geeks. Which bits or burrs (not sure if that means the same thing!) do u all use? Are ceramic and carbide the same thing? I’m thinking I need these as they give off less dust and heat up less? Also am I right in thinking the round ends give better cuticle protection? Sorry for the endless questions! TIA

These things were explained in my e-file training, would you be able to contact your educator for clarification on this? It's vital that you know what bits to use for what and how they work. I don't mean to sound rude here at all, but I jsut think you're going to be mroe confident if you ask your educator to clarify these things, or if you haven't attended any e-file training you should definitely do that. :)

Ceramic and carbide are just two different materials used, they are pretty much the same thing. In the end (as far as I know) it just comes down to personal preference. I (or my clients) don't feel heat from using the e-file as mostly this is down to how you use it and I only use carbide bits.

All of my bits from nail.supplies or INK London, both of which have been great at advising me and helping me pick bits for my needs.

Hi yes I’ve done my testing, got the certificate but unfortunately is wasn’t that comprehensive. Thanks for your help :) I’ve researched it myself more now

Hi yes I’ve done my testing, got the certificate but unfortunately is wasn’t that comprehensive. Thanks for your help :) I’ve researched it myself more now

Ah it's so disappointing when training isn't comprehensive, sorry to hear about that. Good luck, hopefully things make more sense now. :)

Latest posts

Back