Card machine payments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReVivebeauty

Reaction score
Hi all UK Geeks,

I currently use, and have been for the past 12 years a Worldpay Terminal. Needless to say, having spent a large part of the past 10 months closed my credit /debit card machine hasn't had a great deal of use. Despite this I've just been hit with a increase in monthly rental of the card machine. I have a treatment room at home and my yearly use of the card machine has been reduced by approx 70%, although hopefully that will improve in due course, once COVID gives us some respite..... I live in hope!! I use the machine for both face to face and telephone orders and wonder if any of you lovely geeks can let me know what card readers you use. I am wanting a stand alone terminal, with till roll attached. I don't want to have to connect it to phone/ipad/computer etc. Can anyone with experience of Sumup or any alternatives let me know what they are using and how well it works?

Many thanks

Hi all UK Geeks,

I currently use, and have been for the past 12 years a Worldpay Terminal. Needless to say, having spent a large part of the past 10 months closed my credit /debit card machine hasn't had a great deal of use. Despite this I've just been hit with a increase in monthly rental of the card machine. I have a treatment room at home and my yearly use of the card machine has been reduced by approx 70%, although hopefully that will improve in due course, once COVID gives us some respite..... I live in hope!! I use the machine for both face to face and telephone orders and wonder if any of you lovely geeks can let me know what card readers you use. I am wanting a stand alone terminal, with till roll attached. I don't want to have to connect it to phone/ipad/computer etc. Can anyone with experience of Sumup or any alternatives let me know what they are using and how well it works?

Many thanks
Morning, I use Cloverflex from First Data. My bank also offered the Cloverflex however the rates per transaction are better with First Data. It’s very easy to use and payments can be taken over the phone etc for deposits. Clients also have us set up to simply pay by bacs transfer which has no charges. I don’t mind if they do this as a regular. I’m happy with Cloverflex so far but as you say we haven’t been able to use it much recently.

Hi I just wanted to pop on to say I have frozen my monthly lease payments. I think most merchant services will do this but you have to ask. I’m only paying £2.40 and my lease will go on a few months at the other end. Hopefully business will be booming by then ! Every little helps.

Thank you Marzie for your reply. I've researched a few options and have managed to re-negotiate my rental fees and got them to reduce the percentages too. I guess its one of those things that in normal circumstances I've just let roll on and Lockdown has made me look more closely at my costs.

Hi
I use iZettle or some of my friends use sum up
I just get charged 0.75% per transaction there is no other fees that come with this machine
And I don’t get charged when I’m not taking any payments
Hope this helps

Latest posts

Back