Card Making, where do you get your bits 'n' bobs from?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hope

Reaction score
Well The title says it all I guess.....

I know that lots of you creative Geeks make your own cards, and it is something I would like to have a go at.

I have seen kits in Argos, and I know that Hobby Craft do heaps of things for it, so I am wondering if any of you have any fab shops/websites where you card get bits and bobs that don't cost the earth as no doubt my first attempts will be looked at in disdain before being binned :lol:

You can get some fab craft things on ebay hun, my dad's friend makes cards and she gets a lot of her suff from QVC, the woman on there is great, lots of fab ideas. :)

QVC have a website you could have a look on there.

hi hun, i make cards to sell and have found QVC , hobbycraft and so forth to be he more expensive places to shop, although sometimes createandcraft.com and qvc have some good kits but watch the P&P lol

'the range' is a fab shop that has a huge craft department, but your local craft shop is usually by far the best place especially for things like peel offs etc, instead of 80p, 90p 1.00p per sheet + they sell them for 59p or 10 for £5 that sort of thing, so quite a saving, the one thing i really do like is docrafts for inspirational card making, arts and craft ideas , great forum website, bit like this site ,but for all craft , card, scrapping, atc cards etc, they have great members gallery full of acrds for ideas, and how to pages, plus loads of members to ask questions to, well worth putting in your favs, and docrafts do a goodybag once every month or so, priced at £14.99 but has well over £40 worth of stuff in it, and sheets of ideas to make using the stuff, very good value i try and get each one that comes out,

some of the websites i use are

Click on Crafts - Card & Papercraft, Stamps, Glues, Glitters, Inkpads, Paints, Inks, Stickers, Storage and much, much more..
www.createandcraft.com
Craft Supplies for Card Making
Craft Creations
www.theglitterpot.co.uk

loads more just search for craft shops online again just watch P&P or min order value etc

just a word of warning, most craft shops/craft forums etc at the moment are well into christmas designs and patterns , dont let this phase you, i was so gobsmacked when i first started last year, but so mnay people have 40+ cards to make they start as early as march etc eeeekkkkk:eek:

if you wanna know anything else hun, pm me or email me

im no expert , but ive got enough stuff to start my own craft shop, lolol sand can help with some things anyway

and abov all else enjoy, card making and scrapbooking has been one of the favourite things ive started, its very relaxing and i get great pleasure making personalised cards for people xxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Thanks Fi and Nicky,

Nicky can I ask, you say that docraft do a goody bag, who are do craft please?

Thanks Fi and Nicky,

Nicky can I ask, you say that docraft do a goody bag, who are do craft please?

if you follow the docraft forum link hun, you will find out more about it, they are a huge craft site and craft retailer and they have brands such as anita's, paper mania, paperplanet, xcut, etc lots of great products, they also run demo days in range and other craft shops, if you register on the site rach, and enter your postcode in the nearest event section, it will show you when and where next demo day is gonna be, well worth spending an hour or two watching some demo's hun, this is what i do , you can then normally buy the goodybag that day too hun xxxx

ooh and ive just remembered about a month ago, range launched an online shop, so have a gander there for stuff too

The Range

hths hun

nicky xxxx

hi i used to card make and loved it but found it hard to sell them. any ideas guys and how do you sell yours?????

My Goodness!!!!

How much stuff is there :lol: my mind is now full of stuff that I MUST have!!! The majority of which I probably really mustn't have. But how do you know where to start???

I honestly never knew there were SO many things that you could get for card making. Where on earth will I put it all................

Most of the stuff I get is made by papermania Paper Mania they have a link to a shop that sells their products but I usually get mine from my local stationers or this shop which is local to me but they also sell online to Bee Crafty Home hths :)

My Goodness!!!!

How much stuff is there :lol: my mind is now full of stuff that I MUST have!!! The majority of which I probably really mustn't have. But how do you know where to start???

I honestly never knew there were SO many things that you could get for card making. Where on earth will I put it all................

that is the problem. once you start it's hard to stop!!! i have hundreds of pounds worth of card making stuff but since i started up the nail stuff i haven't had time or space to make any!! i love i though, but would often be up til 1am after not starting til late and then having loads of ideas!!!

do crafts (as mentioned above) is def the best place to start - they have a link to find local craft stockists and papermania is the best make IMO. i use the papermania blank cards, although when i was first starting out i bought a bumper pack of A5 card from QVC to fold into cards. only problem was it wasn't that thick so was often a bit heavy once you've made it!!!

i had a thread on here once with some photos of my cards. i'll see if i can find it!! xxx

Thanks all :hug:

I would love to start card making, where do I look to get ideas for beginners???
Sam

I would love to start card making, where do I look to get ideas for beginners???
Sam

try the docrafts forums hun, lots of members cards on there, then you can pm then and ask how they did it etc, lots of videos whowing how to use certain products etc and the docrafts magazines have loads of ideas in them, also they have demo days, so you can get ideas of what to do and how to do it too,

docrafts for inspirational card making, arts and craft ideas

hths xxxxx

Thanks mate, will try them

Hi all
All the websites mentioned are really fab, but as I really did not know anything about cardmaking when I first started I paid just £7.99 and brought the "lets make cards" kit. It contains a glossy mag and enough bits and bobs to make about 20 cards. The mag gives you step by step instuctions for simple cards that you can make in your kit and also lots and lots of other card making ideas.
The kit comes out once a month and I buy mine from WH smith or Hobbeycraft.
I do not buy it as much now but for finding your way as you are starting the hobby its great.:)Happy Crafting xxxx

Hi all
All the websites mentioned are really fab, but as I really did not know anything about cardmaking when I first started I paid just £7.99 and brought the "lets make cards" kit. It contains a glossy mag and enough bits and bobs to make about 20 cards. The mag gives you step by step instuctions for simple cards that you can make in your kit and also lots and lots of other card making ideas.
The kit comes out once a month and I buy mine from WH smith or Hobbeycraft.
I do not buy it as much now but for finding your way as you are starting the hobby its great.:)Happy Crafting xxxx

ooh yes good idea gemma, forgot about that, good ideas in it for beginners

i have managed to get my website showing pics again, although its under construction so dont look aorund lol, just view the 'cards' page and theres some ideas on there for you all

Nickys Cards 4 U | cards, scrapbook pages, invites etc

I make cards and have spent a fortune on things. I have found that places like Country Baskets in leeds are very good, they are trade only but if you say you have your own buisiness they will give you a card. They also lotsof stuff live floewrs decor it's fantastic to look around. Also there is Samual tailors who have a web site, and even palces like the pond shops are great for bargins. If you need ant second hand tools please let me know.
Debbie

Latest posts

Back