Card making

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lindag

Reaction score
Hello Geeks,

I am considering getting into card make. I will be producting hight quality hand made cards and was wondering if nayone ever buys hand made cards if so for what occasions (i.e. mothers days, weddings) and how much would you be willing to but them for

hi i love hand made cards especially for christenings and weddings im willing to pay extra as it would be something extra special xx up to £5.00

i like to buy home made cards as i find them original!

i would buy them for say weddings, wedding aniversary's such as 25 yrs etc, new baby that kind of theme where it's a very special day!

i would proably spend £2.50 - £3.50 depending on how well the card's are made.

so cool, a good little earner!!

my son is 13 tomorrow and has just got the most lovely card through the post its decopage (spelt totally wrong) of a boy on a quad bike he is so pleased with it. i love unusual cards

I love hand made cards to. I think you need to decide the prices people will pay the right price for a card that is unusual and different or personalised. You all need to include the time it takes to make the card in your price. My friend made all my wedding invitations for me, the were cream card with a paper heart and gold wire on with beads they were fantastic. Make some samples to show brides they like to have something no one els has had.

Jenny :)

HI Hun
My friend does these and they are fab!!! she gives me a little basket full of them and then i pick what i like......i also take them to clients as they are alway interested!!
She has some priced at 50p.....some at £1 these are small 6x4 cards....they go like hotcakes!!!
he also dos larger ones that obviously go up in price!!

Hi!

I make handmade cards and most are £2.75 or £2.95 (quite basic designs, but still gorgeous and quite obviously handmade :lol: ).

Also offer personalised card service with photos etc - very popular once people realise I do it, just too busy promoting nail services and retail lines to mention it most of the time!! :o

Hi Linda,

If you start add me to your list of buyers, would pay anything for 5euro up and I have.
Hand made cards add the little more personal touch then any other cards. No mather what the occasion is, I do try and get the hand made cards first.
When we got married, found it hard to find a invite that we liked so we designed our own, simple with the extra touch, but ended up getting a printer to finish them off for us. We were suprised at the amount of cards we recived from family & friends that were the same, 5&6 cards of the same design. One card that we did recive was hand made and we both had a tear or two when we opened it. That one card means more to us now, than any gift we recived, sent straight from the heart of the sender with words that were so true and touching, personal and we knew that alot of time and feeling went into this one card.
I would pay any amount for hand made cards if only to know that the person reciving it has the same feeling as we did.

Claddagh Nails said:
Hi Linda,

If you start add me to your list of buyers, would pay anything for 5euro up and I have.
Hand made cards add the little more personal touch then any other cards. No mather what the occasion is, I do try and get the hand made cards first.
When we got married, found it hard to find a invite that we liked so we designed our own, simple with the extra touch, but ended up getting a printer to finish them off for us. We were suprised at the amount of cards we recived from family & friends that were the same, 5&6 cards of the same design. One card that we did recive was hand made and we both had a tear or two when we opened it. That one card means more to us now, than any gift we recived, sent straight from the heart of the sender with words that were so true and touching, personal and we knew that alot of time and feeling went into this one card.
I would pay any amount for hand made cards if only to know that the person reciving it has the same feeling as we did.

Bernie PM me you address and I will forward your a card to let you know what they are like. I havn't got the stock yet and haven't decided on a theme but as soon as I do I will forward you on all the same

Ok, so you have enough people buying thro' the Geek baords already!!!

You could have a website with them, put basic designs on then tell the viewer to add whatever they want & you personalise for them, for a price of course!

Let me know when you do this!!!

Hiya Linda,
Def have a go with the card-making ... its great fun!
I too have started playing with this just recently and my family love em! ;)

Glorsclaws said:
Hiya Linda,
Def have a go with the card-making ... its great fun!
I too have started playing with this just recently and my family love em! ;)
Thanks ever so much guys - I made my first card for my neice (inlaw) for her 2nd Birthday. I am going to set up a website and but my cards on it so fingures crossed.

I've started making my own cards & invites too! A great website is www.docrafts.com. There's loads of stuff on there & they have a monthly competition for you to win loads too. Be careful though - it's very easy to get carried away & spend loads of money but is fun too. I'm currently looking into making my own paper with rose petals in. If you need any help with ideas let me know.

My mum is really into her card making. She has a local shop where she gives them her cards and if any of the cards sell she get a % of the price of each card. Can't remember the % but it most of it.

We have had quite a few local shows/galas recently and she has a table at each selling her cards. She does quite well. Handy too as she hands out my leaflets.

She always says you have to watch and not outprice yourself. Cards from £2.00 to £2.75 sell really well. Anything above doesn't sell as good.

Always bear in mind what you are putting on each card. Add up each individual part you have purchased. You might find that if you add this all up it could get a bit pricey and you may even loose out, therefore you don't put too many bits on in future. (Sorry slightly confusing).

Hopefully my mum will come up trumps for my friends 30th Birthday card. Well at least it will be practice for doing my one! (Ahh 30 soon!).

:lol:

Bunny said:
I've started making my own cards & invites too! A great website is www.docrafts.com. There's loads of stuff on there & they have a monthly competition for you to win loads too. Be careful though - it's very easy to get carried away & spend loads of money but is fun too. I'm currently looking into making my own paper with rose petals in. If you need any help with ideas let me know.
Thanks bunny,

Do you have a website where you display your cards ?. I was on that website before its great. I get alot of my stuff from www.corkartsupplies.com, and my balnk cards from QVC great value.

I wouldn't have the first clue on how to make my own website so the answer would have to be no to that one. When I make some more, I'll consider asking a friend to help me out with that. Trying to divide my time to fit it all in!

Latest posts

Back