Card payment terminals

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nessi-66

Reaction score
I seem to have a lot of questions at the moment!!
I am researching card payment systems and wondered if anyone had any recommendations. I am a semi permanent make up technician and don’t have lots of clients a week but take £300+ for each client. I do need a card payment system but which one.
I’ve looked at Square and sumup so far.
Any experience with either of these, or anything else on the marked I would love to hear from you.
Thank you

Square is a solid option.

Thanks for your feedback

I use Here by Paypal and love it

I seem to have a lot of questions at the moment!!
I am researching card payment systems and wondered if anyone had any recommendations. I am a semi permanent make up technician and don’t have lots of clients a week but take £300+ for each client. I do need a card payment system but which one.
I’ve looked at Square and sumup so far.
Any experience with either of these, or anything else on the marked I would love to hear from you.
Thank you

Sum up is the most affordable, I just swapped to it and wish i’d done it sooner. Has saved me hundreds already.

I used paypal here for many years: machine never worked, always bluetooth issues, but always accessible to type numbers in on phone. Just costs more. Would charge upwards of £5 on £100 transactions. The more you make the less the percentage but i was doing a brow style and charging £25 and it cost me £1.05 in fees a time. Extortion.

Another vote for sumup

SumUp. [emoji106]

I use iZettle and love it x

I use sum up. I like it and I think my deal is 1.65% . The cost seems to be getting higher with chip and pin, I think some now want 2.75%
My SumUp does chip and pin and contactless ( including Apple Pay and google pay which don’t have the £30 limit )

I use iZettle and absolutely love it £29 for the reader, 1.75% transaction fee - contactless and chip and pin - great battery life I’ve had mine since November and never had to charge it I just keep it turned off inbetween uses [emoji23]

We use both Square and iZettle (in 2 diff locations). both are good. Square looks better in our salon (home based) as we have the till and square stand.

Personally I would look at one of the pro car d terminals such as worldly as the monthly rental and transaction fees may be lower than square, izettle and the others. Our monthly fees are now at such a level as I am now considering moving the card payments to worldly or another provider.

Check out everyones fees and then decide.

Latest posts

Back