Card payments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lolaw

Reaction score
I am looking to start taking card payments in my small salon however after researching I'm a bit overwhelmed with all the options... Does anyone have any recommendations of companies that are easy to set up and don't cost the earth?? :confused::

Top rates I have seen are from Handepay - amazing x

I have started using Mobile world pay and you only pay per transaction and no monthly fee. I really like it!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek

Hi I'm with card save there reasonable and been really good x

I'm with Cardsave also x

I'm with Cardsave too x

I'm too looking to take card payments. Just spoke to Matt, who's is brilliant! He explained everything really well. I think its a good option to be able to take card payments, where possible.

I've been looking into this and the options are bewildering.

The best deal I've found so far ( discounted deal with my professional assoc) with stream line is £10.50 a month terminal rental, with £10 month min transaction charge ( otherwise 15p per debit card ).

There are two sticking points...I don't currently pay to deposit cheques snf my business banking is generally free ( Santander )..and the contract is for 36 months!!!!

So I'm going to try Sumup....no set up fee, no contract, free card reader, works with mobile phone...but 2.75%

If it works well I might change to streamline. The market seems so cut-throat out there I think rates are going to tumble soon. That's why I don't like the sound of a 36 month contract.

I use izettle... A smart phone/iPad app comes with a card reader, really easy and is only 2.75% charge on each transaction. Pays into your nominated account within 1 day. X

My card machine comes on monday :biggrin:

I just got the new chip and pin machine from iZettle and its AMAZING. Sooo easy to use and the app for your phone is free. Well worth paying for the new chip & pin gadget

I am looking to start taking card payments in my small salon however after researching I'm a bit overwhelmed with all the options... Does anyone have any recommendations of companies that are easy to set up and don't cost the earth?? :confused::

I'm going with Elavon. Its in my bank the next day (as I bank with Santander) 2.95% standard on all transactions, either £99 upfront for the terminal or £10 a month.

got my chip and pin reader from sumup and I'm not impressed.

Won't work on my version of android and they kept quiet about the fact that visa require the coustomer to sign in on a secure site from their phone ( after seeding them a SMS) to confirm payment.
..still it didn't cost me anything to find out :rolleyes:

I've just ordered a chip and pin from world pay...£60 for the card reader and I'll see how the rest goes. :biggrin:

i am also looking at mobile card payments. I see Izettle appears to run a really good deal (not locked in, low costs) but the supported range of phones looks limited, and there appears to be 2 types of reader: a chip & signature and a chip & pin device. does anyone still use a signature for payment?

can readers with mobile payment devices post their experience, any issues with Visa, how many days to clear the funds, which phone they use.

thanks.

Hi all is it possible for you lady's to share your experience with sum up, pls.
Thank you in advance

We have just signed up with cardsave. Rep was excellent and trailered the terms to suit us. Also have a look at barclaycard simple package. £10 + vat monthly terminal rental, £10 minimum monthly service charge, 1.5% fees on all cards, 18 month contract.

We are also with Card Save and they are great. We have them for website payments, pay by link and virtual terminal for the accounts/admin girls to take payments over the phone.

It also links up to our KashFlow accounting software where the invoice e-mails to the client with a Pay Online button on the PDF and if client clicks it they can enter there details and pay that invoice. I mean how great is that! Really useful for us.

Latest posts

Back