Card payments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m looking for a new card reader, currently using Barclays anywhere... don’t bother.
However I need in that allows me to take payments over the phone as well.
Do either izettle or square allow you to do this.. can’t find this information anywhere on line!
Thank you. X

I’m looking for a new card reader, currently using Barclays anywhere... don’t bother.
However I need in that allows me to take payments over the phone as well.
Do either izettle or square allow you to do this.. can’t find this information anywhere on line!
Thank you. X
I use Izettle. You can send them a text to their mobile number after the phonecall, it sends a link to pay by card. I can not just type in card details to it though, the client has to either pay by in person with their card, or send a link to pay by text or email. The newer Izettle reader has a contactless payment bit too, although I never ever use contactless as that gives dodgy clients a way of saying their card was used without their knowledge. Always make them use their pin for their card. And an email or text to them is proof it's them, sort of.

I have an iZettle, that pays into a regular account that I use for work purposes. I get paid weekly for the previous weeks takings minus the fee.
Costs 1.75% of every transaction, or if y0u take more you can have a flat monthly cost.
I've a mini printer with mine for receipts but you can email or text them to a client.

It's actually easier than sorting notes and change and trying to remember who you charged what and on which date...
Hi there, just wondering if you could let me know which one one you have to be able to print reciepts? I am looking into a izettle but would like to have a receipt to print out for elderly clients that don’t use emails! Thank you

You can buy a printer from Izettle and it depends on which Izettle reader you buy which printer you need. I currently have the basic Izettle reader not the newer version. I make a point of me being echo friendly to text or email their receipt, but if they want one I can print it off.
I am going to upgrade it in a few months to the newer Izettle as I like the offer they have on for a printer, iPad stand and till and reader on a holder. Looks much more professional than the calculator looking device I currently have.

You can buy a printer from Izettle and it depends on which Izettle reader you buy which printer you need. I currently have the basic Izettle reader not the newer version. I make a point of me being echo friendly to text or email their receipt, but if they want one I can print it off.
I am going to upgrade it in a few months to the newer Izettle as I like the offer they have on for a printer, iPad stand and till and reader on a holder. Looks much more professional than the calculator looking device I currently have.
Brilliant thank you for your reply

Hi there, just wondering if you could let me know which one one you have to be able to print reciepts? I am looking into a izettle but would like to have a receipt to print out for elderly clients that don’t use emails! Thank you

Attachments

• 15927246779243551046615669285593.jpg
    15927246779243551046615669285593.jpg
    592.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 15927247275681971534876667439486.jpg
    15927247275681971534876667439486.jpg
    520.7 KB · Views: 13
I'm not sure if it's an older or newer version, as I got them 2.5 yrs ago.
The printer was fairly pricey, but the receipt rolls are standard, and they both charge with a micro usb.
Hope that helps.

I use Izettle. You can send them a text to their mobile number after the phonecall, it sends a link to pay by card. I can not just type in card details to it though, the client has to either pay by in person with their card, or send a link to pay by text or email. The newer Izettle reader has a contactless payment bit too, although I never ever use contactless as that gives dodgy clients a way of saying their card was used without their knowledge. Always make them use their pin for their card. And an email or text to them is proof it's them, sort of.
I went for the iZettle in the end and I love it. So easy. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back