Card Payments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EleanorThomson

Reaction score
I'm trying to research on behalf of my company ('Silverpay'), whether or not there is a demand for mobile credit card payment soultions. We want to put a product and service together for the industry but want it to benefit nail technicians as well as ourselves. So i would really appreciate anyones opinion good or bad. e.g is there a demand for card payments within the industry etc..
Thank you

Hi
I'm not mobile anymore (I found it too much like hard work lugging all the stuff around) but when I was I would have liked a solution for taking card payments.

I currently take them in my home salon, and it's a godsend not having to bank cash and cheques everyweek. I polled my clients before getting my machine and their responses were evenly split between 'would & wouldn't use' the facility. Now it's in, nearly 80% of my transactions are card based and I would seriously miss if if it was removed.

That said, I wouldn't pay a huge amount for the facility. With my business bank account (Abbey) I got preferential rates for my Streamline machine which makes it more affordable. I'd only go with a mobile solution if it was reasonably priced, and would walk away if it was too expensive.

HTH

Hi

never really needed one to be honest...most pay cash the rest chq....maybe if i was selling lots of retail and the total bill was going to be more then people would like this facility, but my bills are never more than £40 on average.

I think this would be a great idea if it was reasonably priced.

It would really help mobile techies to take deposits over the phone in case of cancellations.

xx

Hi, i'd potentially be interested in a mobile card payment system, but my criteria would be there would need to be no min payment level (i.e. not 'only acceptable for transactions over a certain amount') and it would have to have a reasonably low level of charges, or at least be comparable to anything that's already available. x

The best "set up" is the one you use your mobile for it's done really quickly and you get a confirmation about it being aurtharised a minute.
When i worked for a certain company :o doing ladies parties it was very good to have.
i would like to use it when i go mobile as i feel it would be good.

I'm mobile and I'm not sure how I would benefit from card payment methods. All my clients (obviously) pay by cash or cheque. I have no problem with this and neither, does it seem, that they do either.

The only way it could benefit me (personally speaking) is to take a non-refundable deposit at time of booking to avoid canaellations but I'm not sure if this in itself would put people off booking with you all together.

I have no problem with banking cash and cheques once or twice a week. Don't think I'd want to give some of my hard earned profit to a card processing company!

P.S. would be a different opinion completely if I was salon based though!

The only way it could benefit me (personally speaking) is to take a non-refundable deposit at time of booking to avoid canaellations

Yes, I can definately see this as a huge benefit, especially if it's a call that you just have a "feeling" about. But I also agree, that if there were huge charges involved with it, it simply wouldn't be worth it.

People assume as your are mobile, that you won't have a credit card machine with you :lol: so normally don't have a problem with paying by cash or cheque.

Marlise

hi i'm home based and have been wondering about taking credit cards but am totally unsure how to go about it and what are the start up cost etc?? do any of you girls think you take more ££ , say in retail because of cards?
cheers

The best "set up" is the one you use your mobile for it's done really quickly and you get a confirmation about it being aurtharised a minute.
When i worked for a certain company :o doing ladies parties it was very good to have.

Yes, i saw this done a few weeks ago and was very impressed!

Hey, thanks for your response its brilliant to hear everyone ideas and opinions. We are thinking of offerring two types of services: one where you have a terminal and one where you phone our help desk and we will process transactions on your behalf (this keeps costs down). the potential for increased sales if you can take card payments is proven in many areas so it can grow your business plus secure your payments.

keep us posted on this please x

Latest posts

Back