Cardless payments?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apierce

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I'm wondering if you have any experience with some sort of contactless payment solution? I'm looking to start offering my treatments again, but I don't want to be touching those gross credit card or (God forbid) cash.

Ideas?

Sum up has this at the moment, not sure how long for, on the other hand you could sign up to fresha - heres a sum up discount for ya http://r.sumup.com/referrals/flcUC

Hiya I looked at sum up, izettled, and others. Sum up is 1.69% fees iZettle around the same and last year I tried Barclaycard which was 1.65%...

I switched to Fresha and frankly wish I did it years ago! OMG it's amazing. It costs me just 1.29% + 20p per booking and i have saved around £300 PER MONTH switching to Fresha- but it's MUCH more than just contactless....Last year I switched from Worldpay for processing my payments and I had a card reader with them too. I was lucky i could get out of the contract - no kidding - not just because Fresha is cheaper but I get the card reader, they process my payments daily (compared to about every 3 days with Worldpay, Barclays and Sum Up) and I also moved my entire salon software to Fresha too - and pay nothing extra. I'm a HUGE fan cos I get the entire booking system for my salon (system, marketing, online booking, no-show protection, SMS and loads more). So basically, I was paying for Worldpay AND for my previous booking system - whereas Fresha do it all for less. No brainer lol

Last edited:
Sum up has this at the moment, not sure how long for, on the other hand you could sign up to fresha - heres a sum up discount for ya http://r.sumup.com/referrals/flcUC
Thanks alanaabdn :) Sumup looks pretty sleek. I was hoping for something even without a terminal? Like paypal but you don't have to login every time you want to pay

Hiya I looked at sum up, izettled, and others. Sum up is 1.69% fees iZettle around the same and last year I tried Barclaycard which was 1.65%...

I switched to Fresha and frankly wish I did it years ago! OMG it's amazing. It costs me just 1.29% + 20p per booking and i have saved around £300 PER MONTH switching to Fresha- but it's MUCH more than just contactless....Last year I switched from Worldpay for processing my payments and I had a card reader with them too. I was lucky i could get out of the contract - no kidding - not just because Fresha is cheaper but I get the card reader, they process my payments daily (compared to about every 3 days with Worldpay, Barclays and Sum Up) and I also moved my entire salon software to Fresha too - and pay nothing extra. I'm a HUGE fan cos I get the entire booking system for my salon (system, marketing, online booking, no-show protection, SMS and loads more). So basically, I was paying for Worldpay AND for my previous booking system - whereas Fresha do it all for less. No brainer lol

Thanks Decadence Salon :) I'll def take a look into it... how long is the contract? I'm not a fan of signing up and signing my life away :p

Thanks Decadence Salon :) I'll def take a look into it... how long is the contract? I'm not a fan of signing up and signing my life away :p

Hiya - I'm actually giggling as I type this cos I know it sounds too good to be true, but it is true..... no contract, no commitment, no upfront fees, no nothing.... and so no risk, and I think a lot of companies should learn from them- and that's why I went for it - and thank god I did, cos now we're locked down, the last thing I'd want is to be stuck in a subscription contract - I have friends who are and it's destroying their business at these times. The reason I'm saving so much money is I was previously paying for card processing, card reader and subscription to salon software - I looked at so many other systems - I've previously used SalonIQ, Gappt, Shortcuts.. I've been with Fresha now for 7 months and I can't imagine ever changing. They also have 24/7 help and support (which I have used a few times in the dead of the night lol) They're great!

Last edited:
Hey everyone!

I'm wondering if you have any experience with some sort of contactless payment solution? I'm looking to start offering my treatments again, but I don't want to be touching those gross credit card or (God forbid) cash.

Ideas?
I've been using Fresha for a year now, it's very affordable and my clients can pay through app for a completely cashless, contactless experience :)

I was dubious about moving from Izettle to Fresha payments, buts its so much cheaper. I guess i was dubious as I dont know them thta well. But after using the booking system now, It felt natural to move over to them.

Latest posts

Back