'Care at the chemist'

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicky's nails

Reaction score
i posted a reply about this on emmsy's thread about nits and have had few peeps asking me about it, so maybe not many peeps are aware of it, so thought would start a thread so everyone can see it, maybe it will help a few people

I found out about care at the chemist last year, when my mate told me about it, when we were having to take ben back the doctors repeatly for his migraine tabs, and you know what a pain it can be to get a dr's appt at short notice etc

its not widly mentioned i dont think, because obviously its a free service and they keep these quiet eh, but,

you basically find a local chemist that participates in the scheme, and register your children and yourself if your on benefits(you can only register with one chemist) and then they give you a list of medicines, creams etc that you can come and get off them free, without hvaing to have a prescription from the doctor, such as

eye ointment
ear drops
throat spary
headlice treatment
scald/burn treatment
hayfever tabs
cold and flu
cough mixture
emoilient creams etc etc

just thought it may help some of you with kids, cos sometimes they are not really sick enough to need dr, but you need a prescription for something, or to treat something before it gets worse, this has been a godsend a few times to me,

hope it helps someone

at our chemist you have to take a nit on a piece of cellotape to qualify for free headlice treatment.

Thanks Nicky, thats really good to know, I will pop into my local chemist later to see if they do this! Would be handy, as you say its a pain having to make a DR appointment for these things! xx:hug:

at our chemist you have to take a nit on a piece of cellotape to qualify for free headlice treatment.

your joking surely ?

ewwww gross

pmsl, you gotta be joking :lol:
(sorry but this just made laugh)

I've only ever had nits once, when I was about 20. I was visiting my sister and got it off my niece who bought it home from school. Anywho, the last thing I would have wanted to do was stick it on some cellotape. I was in the shower in about 5 seconds after finding it.

Thanks Nicky, thats really good to know, I will pop into my local chemist later to see if they do this! Would be handy, as you say its a pain having to make a DR appointment for these things! xx:hug:

hope you get sorted hun
let me know how you get on
xx

EEeeeewwwww! You could stand in the queue with an empty bit of sellotape and when you get to the counter say "Oh it was there a minute ago! I don't think I could have killed it properly. I think It's jumped off!" LOL

Marion x

I could be wrong but i think you will find that what the chemist has is your repeat prescription which they send off to your doctor who writes out a script and then sends back to your chemist.

I could be wrong but i think you will find that what the chemist has is your repeat prescription which they send off to your doctor who writes out a script and then sends back to your chemist.

no hun, we also have this service at our local chemists thats called prescription pick up service or somehting like that

this is for anyone with kids or who is on benefits, and there is a list of medicines that you can gte without a prescription from the chemist

hths

Allergic Reactions
Head lice Coughs Indigestion Colds Nasal Congestion Cold Sores Oral Thrush Constipation Scabies Contact Dermatitis Scabies Itch Cystitis Sore Throat Diarrhoea Temperature Haemorrhoids Threadworms Hayfever Vaginal Thrush Headache

i just checked this is the sypmtoms that can be treated by my local chemist, but it can vary with each area , mine is sefton so it depends which area your under i suppose

Sounds good to me lol x

Latest posts

Back