Care Homes?????????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

e-beauty

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

in the village where i live there as been a large Care home opened up, i noticed they had a little hair salon on site. And am thinking about asking them if they want me to go in a few days a week or month to do mani, eyebrow shape ,make up etc...

what do you think of this idea?.....how should i go about it?
Do you think it would work??...how should i price treatments??? any one done this before???

thanks in advance

I approached a large care home near us and was told in no uncertain terms that the residents can't afford "those" prices (and I'd offered a discount for lots of people being in the same place lol) and anyway the staff file & paint their nails for nothing . . . so no joy there for me. I telephoned numerous other homes and got a similar negative response.

I sent my treatment list through anyway but nothing :rolleyes:

But good luck, it might be down to area or just hitting lucky and speaking with the right person

I think thats a great idea. I know lots of people who shun the idea as not glam enough. i think you would do well.

I do somethink similar my great gran lives in community housing and i go in once a month and do 10 ladys mini mans and peds and charge £10 for both.

But i do the bare min especially for the price

manicure is literly file massage and a polish takes me 15 mins
Pedicure is soak(while doing manicuer) hard skin removal, cut nails, file, polish.

But in all honesty not many have polish .

hope this helps

PS: also now the wardens that look after the ladys are 2 of my regular clients, they display my poster and have business cards of mine for visiotrs.

People in care homes and such places need to have manis and pedis etc just like anywhere else.
Be extra careful though about any contra indications.
Sheltered housing also has a great community spirit and if you can put a price list in the reception area you will be sure to get plenty of interest.

i think its brill idea....these poor people are so frail that i think a little mani or predi would go down a treat....i think you should try cos if you dont ask you dont get.xx

when I had my mobile nail business I used to go to a sheltered housing complex where they all have their individual flats. I asked the warden if i could visit one of their communal coffee mornings and hand out price lists and business cards and chat about my services. She agreed.

Out of 90 flats I got two clients, both wanting nail extensions...one of them was 83 years old!!! Then the war began.....
suddenly there was a competion over who had the nicest nails...they had the full works with nail art and the lot.....and I gained loads more clients and used to try and make their appointments around one another so I didn't have too many trips to make.

I never charged them any different for my service and they were all very lovely people and very generous. (they seem to enjoy a good gossip and always loadsa drama going on in these palces!)

At the end of the day many retired people still like to look their best but may struggle to get out..especially in the winter so now is a good time to get in there and take that service to them. Some of these complexes are also linked to others in the area so you may get more business through word of mouth once you have started...

all the best!

Latest posts

Back