Care Of A Training Head. Advice Please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs.Clooney

Positive Geek
Reaction score
My training head came in very basic packaging with no instructions or company/brand name.

Apparently the hair is 100% real hair (Virgin Russian) so is shampoo washable and one can use hair products , curling irons, straightners, heated curlers etc.... My concern though is that a trainer head does not produce natural oils etc as a normal head of hair, so I wonder how one maintains the condition of this expensive equipment?

Before I singe her to a crisp, is this correct and anything else you can recommend please?

The most important thing is to never shampoo it.....it will just go into a massive dry ball of knotted tangled mess!! Always just use conditioner and plenty of it...the cheap stuff will do. Apart from that you can do anything with it, cut, colour, teatments, blow dry, straighteners etc.

Hope that helps!

For your lovely head....

Practice applying tints, weaves, bleaches using mock or pretend color- the least expensive boots conditioner that has loads of wax in seems to work the best.

We "color" our heads about once a week, shampoo, yes with actual shampoo, in one direction, cool water NO MANIPULATING, about every 3 or 4 months, just to get the styling products out.

Brush her smooth and braid her before putting her inside anything, drawer, trolley etc.

Thank you galaxy83 and Jeni. I really appreciate your responses. x

Latest posts

Back