Career advice needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starbucks88

Reaction score
Hiya new to this site, have previously posted somethig similar to this topic but have decided id love to go into holistic therapies more then spa environments, as id love to help clients on an emotional and physical level and be able to help them. Im due to start my VRQ level 2 beauty studies next month (cant wait :D), was wondering if studying the basic VRQ levels 2 and 3 in Beauty therapies is going to get me to this type of career or do i need to study at degree level? The college i am studying at only offers the levels 2 and 3 beauty courses and a few seperate courses such as aromatherapy/Reflexology.

there also isnt much information out there on the internet on holistic therapy so was hoping for some advIce or if anyone has gone down this route, what is it like, do you enjoy it? any advice would be appreciated, i cant wait to get stuck in and start my studies and start a career i feel i would love so much :)

Hi

Beauty therapy at level 2 would be a good starting ground g you intend to train as a holistic therapist. From this course you can progress to a level 3 holistic therapy/ complementary therapy or level 3 spa therapies diploma at a local college and after that you could progress to a reflexology course or a complimentary therapies degree. Check the local colleges around your area for holistic therapy options once you have completed level 2 . Ia m lucky enough to live i Cardiff where you can study holistic therapy and reflexology at the local college and then progress to the degrees also in Cardiff metropolitan university. It would also be helpful to chat to your college tutor or college careers advice regarding your options .

Keep at it and good luck

Apologies for the spelling and grammar , its hard to type on an iphone with long nails

thankyou for replying, :) ive had a look into colleges in my area but they only offer the basic levels 2 and 3 beauty therapy with some 40 week courses in massage etc.. could i still get into a spa/holistic job environment with my level 3 beauty (massage route) with additional add on qualifications in aromatherapy/reflexology? :/ haha id still be happy in a spa enviromnet though id love any job in beauty, im so motivated to do my best ;);)

I would have a think about what treatments you really want to do . if it for example is holistic massage,reflexology then you should really think about studying holistic s or complementary therapies as you don't want to waste a year doing electrical body treatments if you are never going to use them . If you are interested in electrical treatments massage, facials , wraps then i would advise you did the beauty therapy level 3 the spa therapy route rather than the standard beauty route . from there you can do accredited part time courses in reflexology and holistic therapy at college or university standards . I am a very keen waxer, masseuse and facial therapist and electrical therapist . Although i had to cover nails eyelash perming , false eyelashes , tanning and tinting i never offer or use these treatments unless its family or friends as they are not the treatments i am passionate about . I would rather be super at some treatments rather than ok at them all . I hope this makes any sense .

Hello, I'm not from the UK, so ignore this post if it's irrelevant. But from where I come from (Australia), holistic therapies isn't actually a subject in itself but rather a broad term that describes all sorts of therapies. So for example, reflexology, aromatherapy, acupuncture even nutrition would be considered "holistic" as all of these types of treatments focus on well being from different angles (emotional, spiritual, mental and physical). So I think to choose your qualification, you could try to imagine what treatments you'd be happiest doing. Another option might be to do say Level 2 or 3 in massage or aromatherapy and do short courses to up skill yourself. I think this has pretty much all been covered by Samantha!

Good luck with your choice. I love how diverse this industry is and how we can literally "pick and mix" our skills!

Latest posts

Back