Career advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautybyellen

Reaction score
I'm in a bit if a muddle, I have near on finished my L2 vtct in beauty therapy! I am 31yrs old & have 2 children. I am a single parent & student. Before I started doing beauty, I worked in sales & marketing & earned a very respected salary, I got made redundant after my maternity leave, I had time to then think of what it really wanted to do with my life. I chose beauty as it's my passion & been beautifying my friends and family for years. I am a natural & really enjoy my work. My original plan was to stay on and do L3 beauty BUT a job has come up full time n really decent money working for a beauty suppliers with career progression. To be honest I need the money, but am also worried as I didn't want to go bk to working for anyone. I wanted to do my own thing but the money with this new job is too good to turn down. Do I get into more debut & do level 3 & my passion or go bk to the office & do what I've been doing for 10 plus years with a good salary??? My youngest is 2 & a half & it would mean more nursery for him. Which he hates. I'm doing well with the beauty but it's only pocket money & I don't want to work for minimum wage once I'm qualified. Help xx

Latest posts

Back